A Noteworthy Achievement by a Federal Officer!

Official ACWGC Union Army General rank promotion announcements, command appointments and UA awards are made on the Parade Ground. The Mess Tent serves as a casual place for all club members to socialize, drink or have a meal, as long as they spend Yankee dollars! And, as much as we like to accommodate our Southron brethren, they will not be able to vote in any polls held here, or gain access to the restricted areas.

Moderators: shsober, Jim Boling

Dan Peterjohn

A Noteworthy Achievement by a Federal Officer!

Post by Dan Peterjohn »

Gentlemen,

I wish to bring to your attention the recent achievement of Captain Ephraim Burton, 4th Cavalry Brigade, 3(2Cav) Division, XVI Corps, Army of the Tennessee. Captain Burton (a Nom du Guerre for Yvelin Maxime) will graduate this week from St. Cyr, the storied French Military Academy. Upon graduation, Captain Burton will transition to the French Artillery School for a year before seeing service with the French Army.

I will add to these laurels that despite the rigorous course of instruction he has undertaken these past months, Captain Burton has still found time to answer the monthly muster as well as participating in a game or two. I, for one, sincerely appreciate his effort in this regard.

Please join me in congratulating this fine officer for his splendid achievement
Dan Peterjohn
General, United States Volunteers
Army of the Tennessee
Commanding

Joe Meyer

Re: A Noteworthy Achievement by a Federal Officer!

Post by Joe Meyer »

<SALUTE>
General Jos. C. Meyer,
Union Army Chief of Staff
Commander, Army of the Shenandoah
(2011-2014 UA GinC)

David Danner
AotC

Post by David Danner »

I salute your sir and hope that you are some day able to meet Dan Riggs a recent graduate of West Point and son of my friend Derald Riggs. Well done.
General Dave Danner
Commanding Cumberland Rifles Division, XX Corps
Army of the Cumberland
S = √ 30 x d x f + - e
ernie sands
USA Command Staff

Post by ernie sands »

An excellent accomplishment.

Good luck in your service.

<<SALUTE>>
General Ernie Sands, ACWGC
UMG Western Theater, Commander
(Former ACWGC President, 2015-2020)

ACWGC Records Site Administrator
M. Yvelin
AotT

Post by M. Yvelin »

Gentlemen

Thank you for your warmest congratulations. Indeed, this graduation is a great achievement for me. Since the last five years, Saint-Cyr taught me the importance of some values like honor, honesty and justice. As I am leaving the school, I understand that a new life begins. I think that our both armies share the same values. Cadets from West Point and the VMI spent several months in France with us and it was very fulfilling meetings.

About my membership of the club, the last months were unfortunately very time-consuming and it was difficult to sustain a stead rythm for my games. I hope to get more time to play games the next months.

Thank you again, and now champagne! The last monsday, the whole class celebrated the graduation with this typically French beverage and be sure that it is a perfect drink!

Captain Ephraim Burton/ Lieutenant Maxime Yvelin
Ils s'instruisent pour vaincre.

4/3/XVI, AotT
Union Army