General Rank Promotion, Lt. Gen. Ned Simms

Official ACWGC Union Army General rank promotion announcements, command appointments and UA awards are made on the Parade Ground. The Mess Tent serves as a casual place for all club members to socialize, drink or have a meal, as long as they spend Yankee dollars! And, as much as we like to accommodate our Southron brethren, they will not be able to vote in any polls held here, or gain access to the restricted areas.

Moderators: shsober, Jim Boling

Joe Meyer

General Rank Promotion, Lt. Gen. Ned Simms

Post by Joe Meyer »

Copy of the Recommendation citation sent to the ACWGC Cabinet -

"Lieutenant General Ned Simms has very capably and animatedly served as the Commander of the Union Army Eastern Theater since January 17th of this year, thus satisfying the time in command requirement as stipulated in both Club Rule 4.1 and UA General order No. 2. He has long since superseded the 800 OBD Point threshold for the rank, currently having 1575, and has been an active member of this club on both sides of the mason Dixon Line! (In regards to his OBD Points, Ned lost some 770 points when he transferred to the Union Army in the summer of 2005!)

"He very quickly settled in with the Army of the Shenandoah, where within a short time he became a DC and AotS adjutant. By November of that same year he had become Commander of the VI Corps picking up his first Outstanding Service Medal in October of 2006. In the spring of 2007 he took over the XIX Corps. He was awarded his second Union Army OSM that autumn. In January he had stepped down as XIX Corps Commander and assumed command of 1/VIII. In mid-December of 2010 he received the Union Army's Distinguished Service Order. Along the way Ned has accumulated a remarkable 82-267-34-12-33 combat record.

"But these things, as impressive as they may appear, do not adequately reflect Ned's abiding love for this club, nor his continual and constant concern for its welfare. As his immediate superior officer it falls to me to make the official recommendation for his promotion, and it is an exercise that I find completely satisfying and privileged to complete! Ned is forthright, reflective and frank in both his advises and replies to me, traits that I have come to respect and value. Yet he has never once sought to undermine, denigrate or disparage any legitimate issue in the course of his duties, nor has he shrunk from accomplishing those tasks that I have set before him. Much of the recent improvement within the operation and administration of the Union Army's Eastern Theater field armies is due to his watchfulness, support and advises to the commanders involved. Ned is an intelligent, experienced and insightful officer, one in whom I feel most fortunate in having within the Union Command Staff and one upon whom I greatly depend.

"I realize that within this promotion the ACWGC will witness something of a rarity, a former CSA officer who has successfully walked the long road to a four-star rank in the Union Army. Yet he has done so, and in my mind is fully deserving of the promotion before him. I humbly ask the Cabinet to approve the promotion of Lieutenant General Ned Simms to that of his full generalcy."
General Jos. C. Meyer,
Union Army Chief of Staff
Commander, Army of the Shenandoah
(2011-2014 UA GinC)

Joe Meyer

Re: General Rank Promotion, Lt. Gen. Ned Simms

Post by Joe Meyer »

They say that the four stars can be a heavy burden to bear sometimes, so I want to make ceratin I get a drink from you before you collapse! Congratulations, General Simms!
General Jos. C. Meyer,
Union Army Chief of Staff
Commander, Army of the Shenandoah
(2011-2014 UA GinC)

Drex

Post by Drex »

Its about time the Brass gave you that 4th star. How long does it take in this man's army? You should have got it just on the number of posts you've made over the years. Now you can aim for G-i-C! :)
General Drexel Ringbloom, AotS,Commanding

R. Matthews
AotT

Post by R. Matthews »

Congratulations General Simms

Colonel Ray Matthews
Third (First) Cavalry Division, XV Corps,
Army of the Tennessee
Dan Peterjohn

Post by Dan Peterjohn »

Well Done General Simms!

One can only hope that all the mills in New England have the capacity to produce enough gold braid to properly attire you for your new, exalted position!
Dan Peterjohn
General, United States Volunteers
Army of the Tennessee
Commanding

Stefan Reuter

Post by Stefan Reuter »

Congratulation General!
Gen.Maj. Stefan Reuter
2nd "Old Reliable" Div., XVth Corps, AotT
nsimms
AotC

Post by nsimms »

Thank you, one and all. The bar will be open till 4 AM with all drinks on me and the girls are already paid for ... except the following girls are reserved for me: Kitty, Katherine, Elizabeth, Marsha, Melba, Jean, Calico, Robin, Carol, Annette, Brenda, Miss Honey, Star, Becky, Lynn, Sue, Marmalede, Jam, Betty, Gold Dust, Kay, Amy, Jewell, Brandy, Bernadette, Pauline, Rosetta, Alma, Lin, Janet, Belinda, Guinavere, Shu, and Natalie.
Gen Ned Simms
1/1/XIV Corps/AotC
Blood 'n Guts hisself, a land lovin' pirate. Show me some arty tubes and we'll charge 'em.
David Danner
AotC

Post by David Danner »

Congratulations Ned. You better take off that ankle holster before you get upstairs with that gang of girls you've assembled. I'll stay in the bar and drink on you tab and guard the door before Nelms gets here to stir things up.
General Dave Danner
Commanding Cumberland Rifles Division, XX Corps
Army of the Cumberland
S = √ 30 x d x f + - e
ernie sands
USA Command Staff

Post by ernie sands »

Congratulations.
General Ernie Sands, ACWGC
UMG Western Theater, Commander
(Former ACWGC President, 2015-2020)

ACWGC Records Site Administrator
tciampa
AotC

Post by tciampa »

Well deserved General Simms...Congratulations and SALUTE!
Major General Tom Ciampa, AoC, XIV, 2nd Div, 4th Bgde "Deuce Fourteen"