UMA Change of Command

Official ACWGC Union Army General rank promotion announcements, command appointments and UA awards are made on the Parade Ground. The Mess Tent serves as a casual place for all club members to socialize, drink or have a meal, as long as they spend Yankee dollars! And, as much as we like to accommodate our Southron brethren, they will not be able to vote in any polls held here, or gain access to the restricted areas.

Moderators: shsober, Jim Boling

M.J. Dowling

UMA Change of Command

Post by M.J. Dowling »

OFFICERS OF THE ACWGC UNION ARMY,
ATTENTION TO PARADE!

Colonel Scott Eichelberger is hereby formally and officially this day appointed by me as the Superintendent of the Union Military Academy, replacing General David Danner, who is stepping down after having "temporarily" served in that capacity for nearly five whole years.

General Danner's great patience and easy manner graced the academy during that period of time with excellent direction and performance of duty. The UMA responded in good fashion to all of the demands placed upon it under his guidance and experience, consistently transforming hesitant applicants into enthusiastic graduates. The good general gave freely of his valuable time in this regard, most often also assuming the duty of an Instructor to expedite the training regime. More often than not the performance of these duties were encroached upon by his concurrent duties as an elected UA Cabinet Secretary and as a Division Commander within the Union Army of the Cumberland, not to mention his own very active game card! What was supposed to be a temporary assumption of the Superintendency went far beyond the original time target, forgotten in the crush of administrative events and priorities. Yet did he manfully and rigorously answer to the academy's needs throughout the entire period of time without complaint or regret, always focusing his energies upon the immediate needs.

For that devotion to duty and for his unwavering support of the Union Military Academy, General David Danner is hereby awarded the following commendations: the Defender of the Union Medal (his 3rd), the Outstanding Service Medal (his 6th), the Exemplary Service Medal (his 9th), and the Honorable Service Medal (his 9th).

ImageImageImageImage

General Danner is also authorized to display the Union Military Academy's Instructor ribbon with a 30-Cadet attachment and the UMA Superintendent's ribbon, five-year's service attachments

Please join me in saluting General Danner for his generous personal contributions to the continued good welfare and strength of the ACWGC Union Army and to Colonel Scott Eichelberger for his assumption of the UMA Superintendent's role

OFFICERS OF THE ACWGC UNION ARMY,
Present, ARMS!
Order, ARMS!
Parade, DISMISSED!
General M.J. Dowling, ACWGC
GinC, Union Military Group

Image Image
C. Hecht
AotP

Re: UMA Change of Command

Post by C. Hecht »

Congratulations General Danner, you did a great service to the Union, one that is surely never forgotten.

And congratulations to Colonel Eichelberger, wish you all the best on your new position.
Lieutenant General Christian Hecht
Commander I Corps, Army of the Potomac
Joe Meyer

Post by Joe Meyer »

My personal salute to each of these extraordinary officers, especially to General Danner for his incredible presence and service.
General Jos. C. Meyer,
Union Army Chief of Staff
Commander, Army of the Shenandoah
(2011-2014 UA GinC)

shsober

Post by shsober »

Dear General Danner,

Your work is highly appreciated and we are direct recipients of your generosity. Thank you from the 1st Division, XV Corps.
Lt. Gen. Steve Sober, ACWGC
Army of the Potomac, 8/4/V
Union Army Cabinet Secretary
Walt Dortch
USA Command Staff

Post by Walt Dortch »

General Danner

Congratulations and well earned sir!

My first, and a lasting impression of the potential of this club, was established while under your instruction at UMA. Your promptness, attention to detail and coaching in our training game was exemplary red carpet treatment. I have tried to bring these same attributes to bear while Commanding the 2nd Division and will continue to do so for V Corps.

I have gotten to know Scott Eichelberger well while DC of /2/V AotP and I have no doubt he will carry forward to maintain the standards of excellence you have set at UMA.

Very respectfully and sincerely, <salute>
ACWGC Club President
Union Army Eastern Theater Commander
D. Hampel
AotT

Post by D. Hampel »

Gen. Danner, Sir! <salute>

Thank you for holding your interim post for so long. It's greatly appreciated by the Union.

Col. Eichelberger, Sir! <salute>

Scott, good luck to you in your new position and for stepping up and answer the call. I'm confident you will serve our boys in Blue well.
L. Drummond
AotC

Post by L. Drummond »

Congratulations General Danner! It was a pleasure to be welcomed back to the AOC by such a distinguished gentleman as yourself. If your every by the Woodin Injun, I'll be glad to have you pay for a bottle of Redeye for us to share.
Maj. Gen., Loren Drummond,
Commanding, III Division, XVI Corps,
Army of the Tennessee,
Mark Oakford
AotP

Post by Mark Oakford »

General Danner <Salute> Congratulations for your deserved awards for service and activities over the years as the commandant of the UMA.

Congratulations, too, to Colonel Eichelberger on your appointment.

kind regards
General Mark Oakford
Commander 1st Division, I Corps
Army of the Potomac
David Danner
AotC

Post by David Danner »

Thanks gentlemen for the kind words and appreciation. I say this with astonishment knowing the drinking ability of Ned Simms and Mark Nelms, but, with reluctance, drinks on my tab.
General Dave Danner
Commanding Cumberland Rifles Division, XX Corps
Army of the Cumberland
S = √ 30 x d x f + - e
S. Eichelberger
USA Command Staff

Post by S. Eichelberger »

General Danner,

Well deserved honors. Well done, sir, and congratulations.
I have big shoes to fill, no doubt of that.

<Salute!>
Gen. Scott Eichelberger, ACWGC
Commander, 7/4/V, AotP
Asst. Superintendent, UMA
Union Cabinet Secretary