RETIREMENT OF LT. GEN. DAVID MARTIN

Official ACWGC Union Army General rank promotion announcements, command appointments and UA awards are made on the Parade Ground. The Mess Tent serves as a casual place for all club members to socialize, drink or have a meal, as long as they spend Yankee dollars! And, as much as we like to accommodate our Southron brethren, they will not be able to vote in any polls held here, or gain access to the restricted areas.

Moderators: shsober, Jim Boling

Joe Meyer

RETIREMENT OF LT. GEN. DAVID MARTIN

Post by Joe Meyer »

The Union Army announces the retirement of Lieutenant General David Martin, 1/1/I/AotP, from the American Civil War Game Club. All club members are invited here to share a drink or two in his honor and wish him well.

David joined the ACWGC in August of 2012 and quickly became one of the club’s most ardent and enthusiastic supporters, a trait that eventually impelled him to assume support duties in the service of the Union Military Group. As a member of the UA General Staff and the GinC’s Advisory Group he lent his voice in a number of behind the scenes administrative consultations and deliberations. In such roles he was always cheerful and engaging, imparting thoughtful advice and comment to the subjects at hand. But it is his avid love for the games and camaraderie that set him apart and earned him the nicknamed of “Deanno,” a moniker he enjoyed stemming from his chosen avatar of actor Dean Martin relaxing on a movie set in a Union Army uniform.

Lieutenant General Martin holds the following service ribbons: Union Military Academy Superintendent, Union Military Academy Instructor, AotP Division Commander. His commendations include the Exemplary Service Medal and the Good Conduct Medal. He holds two Union Army Combat Badges and a Meritorious Unit Citation. His muster decorations include two Union Staff Officer ribbons and seven AotP ribbons. He is a winner of the Campaign Ozark Medal and has the Five Major Victories ribbon from Campaign Chickamauga. His battle ribbons include Second Bull Run (2), Antietam (2), Lexington, Greater Mill Springs, Murfreesboro (2), Chickamauga, Gettysburg (3), Pipe Creek, Mill Springs and Port Gibson. He was a participant in the Lieutenant’s Cup Tournament (2012) and displayed his skills in six Red Badge of Courage Tournament games, gaining a RGBT Major Victory. He proudly displays the AotP Training Award. He amassed 2086 OBD Points during his career and a combat record of 33-19-45-17-105.
General Jos. C. Meyer,
Union Army Chief of Staff
Commander, Army of the Shenandoah
(2011-2014 UA GinC)

C. Hecht
AotP

Re: RETIREMENT OF LT. GEN. DAVID MARTIN

Post by C. Hecht »

General Martin,
I'm sure I speak for all of the I Corps when I say that you'll be missed and that we look forward seeing you back in the saddle again.
We thank you for your service to the AotP, the Union and the club.
<SALUTE>
Lieutenant General Christian Hecht
Commander I Corps, Army of the Potomac