Reorganization of the Amy of the Cumberland

Official ACWGC Union Army General rank promotion announcements, command appointments and UA awards are made on the Parade Ground. The Mess Tent serves as a casual place for all club members to socialize, drink or have a meal, as long as they spend Yankee dollars! And, as much as we like to accommodate our Southron brethren, they will not be able to vote in any polls held here, or gain access to the restricted areas.

Moderators: shsober, Jim Boling

M. Lichtenberg
AotC

Reorganization of the Amy of the Cumberland

Post by M. Lichtenberg »

Over the past month the Army has refitted and updated it’s “table of organization” to better fit the lessons learned during our fight to restore the Union.

The Army’s webpage has been updated to reflect these changes.

Respectfully,

Mark Lichtenberg
Lieutenant General, United States Volunteers
Army of the Cumberland
Commanding
C. Hecht
AotP

Re: Reorganization of the Amy of the Cumberland

Post by C. Hecht »

May I ask how much the army was reduced?
Lieutenant General Christian Hecht
Commander I Corps, Army of the Potomac
M. Lichtenberg
AotC

Post by M. Lichtenberg »

Approx - 12

Mark
Joe Meyer

Post by Joe Meyer »

My personal compliments are extended to Mark for taking the time and interest in directing the implementation a badly needed consolidation of the AotC. His energy and careful approach has resulted in the re-establishment of a solid, AotC foundation. These things are necessary from time to time in providing a stronger base and active cadre for an organization. All of the three other Union field armies have gone through this process and are operating now in a much more direct and reliable fashion. One cannot build a handsome house without a solid foundation in place.
General Jos. C. Meyer,
Union Army Chief of Staff
Commander, Army of the Shenandoah
(2011-2014 UA GinC)