General Shaw awarded Defender of Union

Official ACWGC Union Army General rank promotion announcements, command appointments and UA awards are made on the Parade Ground. The Mess Tent serves as a casual place for all club members to socialize, drink or have a meal, as long as they spend Yankee dollars! And, as much as we like to accommodate our Southron brethren, they will not be able to vote in any polls held here, or gain access to the restricted areas.

Moderators: shsober, Jim Boling

Derald Riggs

General Shaw awarded Defender of Union

Post by Derald Riggs »

General Douglas Shaw:

On behalf of the Union Army, I am pleased to award you the Defender of the Union medal for your dedicated service to the Union as commander of the Army of the Cumberland.

General Derald Riggs
Union Army, Commanding

B. Kolcun
AotT

Re: General Shaw awarded Defender of Union

Post by B. Kolcun »

Well deserved! Huzzah!
General Brett Kolcun
5/Cav/XIV
Army of the Cumberland
Joe Meyer

Post by Joe Meyer »

Well done, General Shaw! Your efforts on behalf of the Army of the Cumberland have been most striking and complimentary, as has your service to the overall Union Army cause and organization.

I salute you, sir!

Now its time for the libations, which I've been informed have all been provided by General Riggs. Doubtless this party will go on until the wee hours of the night and then maybe some after that. I, of course, am obligated to stay until the celebrations have concluded, collecting all of the unused, or half-used, bottles for "proper disposal" at the War Department. ;) I will also be taking notes on which officers cannot handle their liquor. This will allow for a much more economical purchase of spirits for the next big shingding.
General Jos. C. Meyer,
Union Army Chief of Staff
Commander, Army of the Shenandoah
(2011-2014 UA GinC)

David Danner
AotC

Post by David Danner »

General Shaw, well done sir and congratulations. Drinks all-around on my tab. And above all, thanks. Salute.
General Dave Danner
Commanding Cumberland Rifles Division, XX Corps
Army of the Cumberland
S = √ 30 x d x f + - e
Antony Barlow
AotC

Post by Antony Barlow »

Congratulations, and well deserved! 8-)