Col. Neal Carney Mentioned in Dispatches

Official ACWGC Union Army General rank promotion announcements, command appointments and UA awards are made on the Parade Ground. The Mess Tent serves as a casual place for all club members to socialize, drink or have a meal, as long as they spend Yankee dollars! And, as much as we like to accommodate our Southron brethren, they will not be able to vote in any polls held here, or gain access to the restricted areas.

Moderators: shsober, Jim Boling

Dan Peterjohn

Col. Neal Carney Mentioned in Dispatches

Post by Dan Peterjohn »

Col. Neal Carney, 1st Brigade, 2nd Infantry Division, XVI Corps, AotT will be awarded the GOOD CONDUCT MEDAL during the August Army of the Tennessee Awards Parade for exceptional chivalrous behavior on the battlefield. After losing contact with his opponent during a battle at Shiloh, Col. Carney gave the enemy commander an entire year to rejoin the battle. When there was no communication from his opponent for over twelve months, Col. Carney contacted his chain of command in accordance with ACWGC Rules to check with the Confederate command structure concerning the appropriateness of declaring victory in the contest.

The words of the Confederate General in Chief of the Confederate Army best express the fitness of bestowing this award:

"Congrats on your win Neal and for waiting as long as you did to see if James came back. It is nice to see members value their gaming friendships with their fellow members above winning. Even though you have a win here, your commitment to waiting it out went above and beyond, but shows respect for another member. That, in my eyes is what makes a good member." General Scott Ludwig, CSA GinC

We should all note Col. Carney's action and do our best to emulate his example!
Dan Peterjohn
General, United States Volunteers
Army of the Tennessee
Commanding

cameronm

Re: Col. Neal Carney Mentioned in Dispatches

Post by cameronm »

I have only played Neal once and he was certainly a gentleman, so <SALUTE> Suh and I will stand you a round or two at the bar
Gen Cam McOmish
Georgia State Volunteers Brigade
Patrick R. Cleburne's Division
Hardee's Corp
(1/1/1)
Confederate Army of Tennessee

CSA
Scott Ludwig

Re: Col. Neal Carney Mentioned in Dispatches

Post by Scott Ludwig »

Congrats Neal! 8-)

It is nice to see you get recognized for such actions. As I told Dan in private that often one sees in command that members will wait the minimum amount of time and sometimes make little effort and then declare the win. It is nice to see guys, such as yourself, who do value their gaming friendships and wait well above & beyond. I know I am a very inconsistent player for a lot of reasons, but the guys I play, I've played for years & they are always understanding. So that is probably why I said something, as the situation speaks to me.

I am glad my counterparts in the Union took the time to recognize your actions this way! May we get 200 more members such as yourself!!

But here's 10 rounds of drinks on me for both armies!! :)
General Scott Ludwig

Commanding Officer & Chief of the Armies (CoA) of the Confederate States of America (CSA)