Pass In Review

Official ACWGC Union Army General rank promotion announcements, command appointments and UA awards are made on the Parade Ground. The Mess Tent serves as a casual place for all club members to socialize, drink or have a meal, as long as they spend Yankee dollars! And, as much as we like to accommodate our Southron brethren, they will not be able to vote in any polls held here, or gain access to the restricted areas.

Moderators: shsober, Jim Boling

David Danner
AotC

Re: Pass In Review

Post by David Danner »

General Meyer:

Joe:

"What a resume" Joe. The things you have done for the Club is a vast list that all of us are extremely appreciative and me in particular. I'm so glad you started in our AotC, a beloved Army and made The Deuce Fourteen yours. I salute you and must grab you by the hand in celebration that you now step into another role for the Union effort. So, the remaining 197 members of my Cumberland Rifles would love to stand behind you on the Review Stand when your awards are placed on your uniform.

On a personal note, the phone calls we had were a great chance to meet you and learn from one fine gentleman. Thank you.
General Dave Danner
Commanding Cumberland Rifles Division, XX Corps
Army of the Cumberland
S = √ 30 x d x f + - e
krmiller_usa
AotS

Post by krmiller_usa »

Gen. Meyer,

I would like to add my personal thanks for your service. I don't believe I've served under a more dedicated CoA in my 16 years here.

<<<SALUTE>>>
Gen. Ken Miller

The McKeesport Union Guard

3/3/I
CoS
AotP
Robert Frost
AotC

Post by Robert Frost »

A tribute to you, Joe, on a job well done!

To General Riggs, congratulations on your new post!
MG Robert Frost
I/XIV
Army of the Cumberland
John Fogarty
AotC

Post by John Fogarty »

General Meyer,

Many thanks for years of service to the Republic and to keeping the Union Army together. I look forward to working with your successor!

Salute!

MG John Fogarty
1st Division XX Corps
Army of the Cumberland
nsimms
AotC

Post by nsimms »

I can't tell you how appreciative I've been of the money that you've sent, and the restaurant gift cards that you've provided, and even the leftover turkey and dressing that you mailed to me by snail mail along with a bottle of Pepto Bismol. The liquor that you claimed to have sent never arrived but our local express driver is a member of the McOmish clan so the reason it didn't arrive may be obvious. Myself, the wife, and our 17 children all stand at attention and render proper salutes to the man who will tell his successor to continue the Joe Welfare Program. SALUTE!
Gen Ned Simms
1/1/XIV Corps/AotC
Blood 'n Guts hisself, a land lovin' pirate. Show me some arty tubes and we'll charge 'em.
M. Lichtenberg
AotC

Post by M. Lichtenberg »

Salute!

Thanks for your service.

Mark Lichtenberg
Col, USV
1/1/XIV
Army of the Cumberland
R. Sickbert
AotP

Post by R. Sickbert »

Gen. Meyer

<SALUTE>

Thank you sir for all you have done and do in and for the Club. Many thanks also for your words of encouragement outside the environs of the club this past summer.

I am, most respectfully, your obedient servant,
Lt. Gen. R. Sickbert
First Division, Fifth Corp
Army of the Potomac

Redlegger

Post by Redlegger »

Men of I/I/VI AotS.
Eyes Right.
Salute!
<salute>

(With respects to Gen. Meyers and all that he has done for our cause).
Brig. Gen. L.T. Korotko
I/I/VI
The Bucktails
TBWheeler
AotS

Post by TBWheeler »

Many thanks, Gen'l Meyer, for your dedication, leadership and understanding. Salute!
Maj. Gen. Tim Wheeler, ACWGC
First Division, VIII Corps,
Union Army of the Shenandoah
C. Hecht
AotP

Post by C. Hecht »

Thank you General Meyer for all the work you put into the Union Army and our fine club.
It was an honor to serve under you.
We will do our best to show General Riggs in what great shape you have left the Union Army.
Salute!
Lieutenant General Christian Hecht
Commander I Corps, Army of the Potomac