UNION ARMY CHANGE OF COMMAND

Official ACWGC Union Army General rank promotion announcements, command appointments and UA awards are made on the Parade Ground. The Mess Tent serves as a casual place for all club members to socialize, drink or have a meal, as long as they spend Yankee dollars! And, as much as we like to accommodate our Southron brethren, they will not be able to vote in any polls held here, or gain access to the restricted areas.

Moderators: shsober, Jim Boling

Joe Meyer

UNION ARMY CHANGE OF COMMAND

Post by Joe Meyer »

OFFICERS OF THE ACWGC UNION ARMY,
ATTENTION TO ORDERS!

Pursuant to Club Rule 3.3.3, Term of Service, I hereby this date, January 15th, 2015, transfer command of the ACWGC Union Army to General Derald Riggs, he being duly nominated and elected in accordance with the voting conventions of the club.

It has been my privilege to have served these past four years as the General-in-Chief of the ACWGC Union Army, commanding what can only be described as a very special group united by a common bond of personal interest to ACW computerized gaming and simulation. I have been continually amazed by the enthusiasm and commitment demonstrated by the UA members and by their wide diversity as individuals. Such a group is deserving of every administrative effort that can be put forth by their commanders, and nowhere during my tenure did I not receive in turn your support and assistance. What has been achieved was only due to your own good response and concern, and I salute you for it!

General Riggs has asked me to become his Chief of Staff, a position that I have accepted and will strive to fill in the most supportive manner to him as possible. He is a very capable and solid officer, one whose credentials pre-date my own, who will command with the perspective of a seasoned veteran and who is more than worthy of the same considerations and kindness that you have shown to me. I can only expect that the enjoyment and satisfaction that we all derive from this organization will continue to thrive under his leadership.

<SALUTE>
General Jos. C. Meyer,
Union Army Chief of Staff
Commander, Army of the Shenandoah
(2011-2014 UA GinC)

Derald Riggs

Re: UNION ARMY CHANGE OF COMMAND

Post by Derald Riggs »

Officers of the Union Army:

General Meyer, I accept command.

The first official order of business for the new command is for a pass in review to honor our out going commander. Please have your units post their compliments to the out going commander at their pleasure in the posting set up for this occasion.

As I look around at my new command, I cannot but marvel at the excellent condition the Union Army is in and that is a direct reflection on General Meyer's leadership and his teamwork approach to the organization of the Army and those under his command. I hope to follow his excellent example and be able to fill but one third of his very big boots! But that old soldier is not yet to fade away for there is still much he will contribute to the Union Army in the future as Chief of Staff.

The change of command is complete and more communication will be forthcoming in the days and weeks ahead.

May God bless the United States of America.

General Derald Riggs
General-in-Chief
Union Army
American Civil War Game Club

present sabers
order sabers
dismissed