Retirement from the Lafayette Division

Official ACWGC Union Army General rank promotion announcements, command appointments and UA awards are made on the Parade Ground. The Mess Tent serves as a casual place for all club members to socialize, drink or have a meal, as long as they spend Yankee dollars! And, as much as we like to accommodate our Southron brethren, they will not be able to vote in any polls held here, or gain access to the restricted areas.

Moderators: shsober, Jim Boling

David Danner
AotC

Retirement from the Lafayette Division

Post by David Danner »

Gentlemen of the AotC. It gives me great pleasure to report that Colonel Olivier Bianchi of the Lafayette Division will retire with full honors. Colonel Bianchi is the mayor of large French city and this position requires the majority of his time and energy. Olivier is a gifted HPS player and will return to our ranks when he has the opportunity to devote to the Union effort. I hope all will wish him well in his professional efforts and celebrate him in his absence. General Shaw has engaged the Officer's Club for the celebration and General Chatain will provide the drinks. Come listen to the AotC Marching Band during the ceremonies. And gentlemen, the Lafayette Division will be in the Honor Guard position and surround our friend for the evening events. Salute.
General Dave Danner
Commanding Cumberland Rifles Division, XX Corps
Army of the Cumberland
S = √ 30 x d x f + - e
Joe Meyer

Re: Retirement from the Lafayette Division

Post by Joe Meyer »

I'm always grateful to have an opportunity to visit the Wooden Injun Bar, but in this case I'm saddened to see the Union Army retire a veteran officer. Yet I fully appreciate Olivier's circumstances and look forward to his eventual return.

<SALUTE>
General Jos. C. Meyer,
Union Army Chief of Staff
Commander, Army of the Shenandoah
(2011-2014 UA GinC)

ernie sands
USA Command Staff

Post by ernie sands »

I hope you return when time permits.
General Ernie Sands, ACWGC
UMG Western Theater, Commander
(Former ACWGC President, 2015-2020)

ACWGC Records Site Administrator
Douglas E Shaw
AotC

Post by Douglas E Shaw »

I wish the best of luck and skill in your duties as a Mayor in France. These are trying times but I am sure that the dedication you have shown to our club will serve the French people well in your duties as Mayor. The AotC will gladly welcome you back when you are ready to return. Stay safe and strong.
Gen Doug Shaw
4th Brig/1st Div/XIVth Corps
nelmsm
AotC

Post by nelmsm »

Did I hear someone was buying drinks?? Godspeed to you sir and we'll welcome you back when the time comes.
General Mark Nelms
6/2/XIV/AoC "Blackhawk Brigade"
Union Military Academy Instructor