Recruit Training

Official ACWGC Union Army General rank promotion announcements, command appointments and UA awards are made on the Parade Ground. The Mess Tent serves as a casual place for all club members to socialize, drink or have a meal, as long as they spend Yankee dollars! And, as much as we like to accommodate our Southron brethren, they will not be able to vote in any polls held here, or gain access to the restricted areas.

Moderators: shsober, Jim Boling

HIPunch

Recruit Training

Post by HIPunch »

Sirs,

I have a, I believe, simple question. I understand that in order to play within the ACWGC one must join either the Union or the CSA. My question is, do the two training schools offer similar education or are they vastly different? Fundamentally same but different in terms of respective sides?

Thanks,
HIPunch
nelmsm
AotC

Re: Recruit Training

Post by nelmsm »

I can't speak for the VMI curriculum, though I think it mainly deals with finding shoes or something to eat. The Union Academy will have you play a short scenario with one of the instructors who will make sure you can managed the basics of the game and in doing PBEM while also giving you what advice on game play they can. You'll also have plenty of opportunities to get more training and access to the Union Library.
General Mark Nelms
6/2/XIV/AoC "Blackhawk Brigade"
Union Military Academy Instructor