We need you for the Red Badge of Courage Tournament !

Official ACWGC Union Army General rank promotion announcements, command appointments and UA awards are made on the Parade Ground. The Mess Tent serves as a casual place for all club members to socialize, drink or have a meal, as long as they spend Yankee dollars! And, as much as we like to accommodate our Southron brethren, they will not be able to vote in any polls held here, or gain access to the restricted areas.

Moderators: shsober, Jim Boling

elpaco

We need you for the Red Badge of Courage Tournament !

Post by elpaco »

Officers of the Union Army,

As you perhaps already know, there is a club wide tournament currently ongoing :

The Red Badge of Courage Tournament (RBCT) is the re fighting of every land battle of the American Civil War (including key parts of battles), that can be simulated using HPS and Talonsoft/Matrix (Battle Ground).
The tournament started last August.
You can find all details on the dedicated website :
http://members.iinet.net.au/~cameron.mc ... site%20V4/

I have recently been appointed as Deputy Tournament Director and I need you, fellow Union Army Officers, to join in.

After 8 months, only 18 Union officers have participated so far which is a very low number. With your help, we can increase this number significantly

9 new battles have been released for play last night.
These are the main battles of the Peninsula Campaign. All of them are classics !

All you have to do is to sign in for one of them either by sending an email to rbctournament AT gmail.com or by answering the dedicated topic on the Mason Dixon Forum.
We will then put you in contact with the CSA officer who has sign in for the same battle and on you go.
this is a beautiful opportunity for us all to play new opponents and to rise the Union colors.

Thank you for your support !

Please feel free to ask any question you might have.
Lt. Gen. Francois Chatain
CO XX corps and Adjutant, AotC
Red Badge of Courage Tournament Deputy Director
elpaco

Re: We need you for the Red Badge of Courage Tournament !

Post by elpaco »

Gentlem of the Union Army,

We still need officers to defend our cause in the tournament.

At the moment, the battle of Thoroughfare gap in 36 turns (HPS Corinth mod, you need to have this mod scenario on your computer) and the BG Bull Run battle #18 Day of Reckoning are filled on the CSA side but not yet on the USA;

I remind you that if we find no USA taker for these 2, The CSA will score the awarded points (resp. 12 and 52)

to sign in, please go to the Mason dixon tavern topic, reply here or send either myself or Cam McOmish an email

thank you
Lt. Gen. Francois Chatain
CO XX corps and Adjutant, AotC
Red Badge of Courage Tournament Deputy Director