Another new cadet

A place for UMA Staff and Cadets to practice their forum skills and provide commentary upon their training and game questions. Field army officers and commanders may also participate at their liberty.
Benny Havens was the name of the tavern built beneath the Hudson River bluffs adjacent to the West Point Academy. (See: https://westpointcivilwar.wordpress.com ... allen-poe/)

Moderators: shsober, S. Eichelberger

Paladin

Another new cadet

Post by Paladin »

Greetings to all
My name is Walt Moehle and as the title states I am another new cadet. I am an old retired guy living in the city of Mount Vernon in Washington state, which is about an hour North of Seattle. I spent 40 years building high performance gas and diesel engines. Married ( to the best wife on this planet bar none )with kids,grandkids,dogs....the usual stuff.

As for gaming I am partial to the various HPS/Tiller series of games. I am a member of "The mad Prussians" ( Scott Ludwig ) Prussian army over at the NWC and have been playing these games since the release of "Prelude to Waterloo" back in 1995 I think it was. My chief of scouts and primary tactical advisor is a Blue Queensland Healer named Buster who with his staff ( Vinnie,Gabby and Rosco all of whom are Queensland healers) keeps me occupied when there are no turns to be played.

Anyway thats about all there is .

Regards
Walt
1st Lieutenant Walt Moehle
Artillery Brigade
2nd Infantry Division
XVI Corp
AotT
Joe Meyer

Re: Another new cadet

Post by Joe Meyer »

That's quite a bit, Cadet Moehle, and I thank you for making the post. I, too, am a West Coast guy, living in California. At the moment that gives me bragging rights for the 49ers as being the best West Coast team in the NFL! But the Seahawks have been a constant source of concern for the longest period of time. Taking that trip to Seattle is a wondrous anxiety each year for the Niners!

No doubt your building of those high performance engines has imbued you with the close attention to detail that is needed for these games, and I would expect that you might readily make a worrisome name for yourself within the Rebel ranks!

I must now look up what a Blue Queensland Healer is.
General Jos. C. Meyer,
Union Army Chief of Staff
Commander, Army of the Shenandoah
(2011-2014 UA GinC)

Don Centers

Re: Another new cadet

Post by Don Centers »

Cadet Moehle,

Welcome to the Union Military Academy. The Union Army needs good fighters and if you can build some high performance engines to give us a technological edge over the rebs, then please do!
Lt. Gen. Don Centers
6/1/V/AotP