Howdy all

A place for UMA Staff and Cadets to practice their forum skills and provide commentary upon their training and game questions. Field army officers and commanders may also participate at their liberty.
Benny Havens was the name of the tavern built beneath the Hudson River bluffs adjacent to the West Point Academy. (See: https://westpointcivilwar.wordpress.com ... allen-poe/)

Moderators: shsober, S. Eichelberger

D. Smith

Howdy all

Post by D. Smith »

Cold brew here anything long as it is cold.
I am cadet Dave Smith from Bruno, Nebraska.

Been retired for 5 years now and enjoying every minute. Was so excited to find ACWGC site.
Lets just say I played on paper maps with Avalon Hill games. Traveling a lot, my father was in the service.
So really didnt catch on. I am pleased to have been accepted and hope to be a worthy opponent for those rebs.
Gen Dortch has been exemplary in my training and putting up with my continue questions - especially the ones I keep asking.
Glad to be here and ready to get my boots wet.

Dave Smith
shsober

Re: Howdy all

Post by shsober »

Welcome to the ACWGC, Lieutenant Smith. The Union Army is delighted to have you aboard to help suppress the nefarious schemes of our misdirected Southern brothers. You'll find plenty of officers ready, willing, and able to help you in any way they can as you proceed to take up arms, you just need ask. Many of us began our military careers long ago at Avalon Hill, so you already have something in common, and you'll find most to be as generous with their time as your instructor, General Dortch, has been.

Since I take drinking as a Sober responsibility, (as most here know) let me take this opportunity to be more responsible by hoisting a round to your good health and fortune!

<Salute>
Lt. Gen. Steve Sober, ACWGC
Army of the Potomac, 8/4/V
Union Army Cabinet Secretary
L. Drummond
AotC

Post by L. Drummond »

Welcome Cadet Smith! Glad to have new blood. Enjoy your contests and have a good time.
Maj. Gen., Loren Drummond,
Commanding, III Division, XVI Corps,
Army of the Tennessee,
S. Eichelberger
USA Command Staff

Post by S. Eichelberger »

Welcome Dave! Glad to see you progressed so quickly to 1LT. We look forward to your exploits on the battlefield against those wayward Rebs! All the best to you, sir. <Salute>
Gen. Scott Eichelberger, ACWGC
Commander, 7/4/V, AotP
Asst. Superintendent, UMA
Union Cabinet Secretary
C. Hecht
AotP

Post by C. Hecht »

Welcome aboard!
Lieutenant General Christian Hecht
Commander I Corps, Army of the Potomac
ernie sands