New Cadet:Steve Weppner

A place for UMA Staff and Cadets to practice their forum skills and provide commentary upon their training and game questions. Field army officers and commanders may also participate at their liberty.
Benny Havens was the name of the tavern built beneath the Hudson River bluffs adjacent to the West Point Academy. (See: https://westpointcivilwar.wordpress.com ... allen-poe/)

Moderators: shsober, S. Eichelberger

S. Weppner
AotT

New Cadet:Steve Weppner

Post by S. Weppner »

Hi all, new cadet reporting for duty.

Originally from Buffalo, NY. Now deep in Dixie (St. Petersburg Florida) scouting for the men in blue. Really a newbie to JTS but not to war games in general. I hope to make a solid contribution to our side.

Farewell,

Steve
S. Eichelberger
USA Command Staff

Re: New Cadet:Steve Weppner

Post by S. Eichelberger »

Welcome, Cadet Weppner! Great to see you here in the tavern, Steve, celebrating your good fortune at being selected to lead our gallant lads defending our beloved Union. I look forward to your graduation and posting to your first brigade. Do keep an eye on your uniform accoutrements while in this canteen. The officers that frequent this establishment will utterly have your back in battle, but are not above also "having" your shiny new boots! <Salute!>
Gen. Scott Eichelberger, ACWGC
Commander, 7/4/V, AotP
Asst. Superintendent, UMA
Union Cabinet Secretary
C. Hecht
AotP

Post by C. Hecht »

Welcome aboard!
Lieutenant General Christian Hecht
Commander I Corps, Army of the Potomac
shsober

Post by shsober »

Well, anyone who has the good sense to be named Steve is most certainly welcome here! If you are also attuned to the sober responsibility of drinking, please allow me to drink to your health and future success. I look forward to seeing you on the battlefield helping us to crush the rebellion.

You have some beautiful gloves. Would you allow me to examine them closely while you enjoy the next five or six drinks?
Lt. Gen. Steve Sober, ACWGC
Army of the Potomac, 8/4/V
Union Army Cabinet Secretary
David Danner
AotC

Post by David Danner »

Welcome sir welcome. Stop by the Dali Museum for some tips on how these games are best played. Cubes on hexes or hexes on cubes!
General Dave Danner
Commanding Cumberland Rifles Division, XX Corps
Army of the Cumberland
S = √ 30 x d x f + - e
Joe Meyer

Post by Joe Meyer »

Always a pleasure to welcome a new cadet into the forum! We've all different types in this club of ours and from all walks of life. I do quite a bit of walking myself, but I've never figured out exactly where it is that I'm going! Almost went to jail one time, but that was on the word of my ex-wife.

Have you tried the hot toddies, here at Benny's? They are not perhaps so appealing to one from Florida, but then not all of us are what you would call professional drinkers either. Brigadier General Sober goes to great lengths to mask his penchant for the toddies, although he is not as successful with it as I. I should not spend too much time with him at the bar. Here, let me offer you a chair at this nice cozy corner table and we can have Gerti bring us two of Benny's to sample while we get to know each other!

These electronic battlefields we walk upon can be very tricky places to be! Yes, I should say that a cadet will have his work cut out for him after graduation. But I may be able to help you out when the time comes! Of course, I would expect you to reciprocate with a favor or two: perhaps the gift of your cadet sabre would be a good place to start! Yes, that's right! Yes, the one you are wearing now. Let me take a look at that beauty. My, but that's a fine blade! It would fetch a tidy sum in . . . But let's not speak of that just yet. Drink up and we'll compare notes on what you know of 3" rifled gun ballistics!
General Jos. C. Meyer,
Union Army Chief of Staff
Commander, Army of the Shenandoah
(2011-2014 UA GinC)

ernie sands
USA Command Staff

Post by ernie sands »

Welcome and good luck.
General Ernie Sands, ACWGC
UMG Western Theater, Commander
(Former ACWGC President, 2015-2020)

ACWGC Records Site Administrator
S. Weppner
AotT

Post by S. Weppner »

David Danner wrote:Welcome sir welcome. Stop by the Dali Museum for some tips on how these games are best played. Cubes on hexes or hexes on cubes!
Another Yankee soldier in Rebel country?

Cadet Weppner