Reporting For Training

A place for UMA Staff and Cadets to practice their forum skills and provide commentary upon their training and game questions. Field army officers and commanders may also participate at their liberty.
Benny Havens was the name of the tavern built beneath the Hudson River bluffs adjacent to the West Point Academy. (See: https://westpointcivilwar.wordpress.com ... allen-poe/)

Moderators: shsober, S. Eichelberger

T. Porto

Reporting For Training

Post by T. Porto »

Cadet Tom (T.J.) Porto reporting for training at this fine and storied institution.

I hope to absorb and profit from the wisdom of my Instructors, and carry on our traditions while upholding the honor of our service.

I will always strive to earn your trust and prove myself worthy of a commission in the Union Army.
S. Eichelberger
USA Command Staff

Re: Reporting For Training

Post by S. Eichelberger »

Cadet Porto, good to see that you found your way to the Canteen. But I must warn you about some of "those people" you may encounter in here. They are devious, cunning and will even stoop to swiping an unsuspecting junior officer’s sword. But enough about Generals Dortch, Hecht and Meyer.

We’re glad to have you on our team, Tom, and look forward to your commissioning when you can join your sword (they usually give it back) with us in defense of the Union. Welcome! <Salute>
Gen. Scott Eichelberger, ACWGC
Commander, 7/4/V, AotP
Asst. Superintendent, UMA
Union Cabinet Secretary
ernie sands
USA Command Staff

Post by ernie sands »

Welcome. If "they" will do all that to a fellow Yankee, just think of the nefarious deeds they will teach!!
General Ernie Sands, ACWGC
UMG Western Theater, Commander
(Former ACWGC President, 2015-2020)

ACWGC Records Site Administrator
L. Drummond
AotC

Post by L. Drummond »

Cadet Porto:

Welcome to the Union Army. Here is to your start and success in your journey to fight the Rebs.
Maj. Gen., Loren Drummond,
Commanding, III Division, XVI Corps,
Army of the Tennessee,
Walt Dortch
USA Command Staff

Post by Walt Dortch »

Welcome Cadet Porto <salute>

When it comes time for you to take to the field, press General Meyer for an assignment to the Fightin' Fifth Corps. Plenty of swords in our trophy room if you come up short in that department.

Welcome to the Club!
ACWGC Club President
Union Army Eastern Theater Commander
Joe Meyer

Post by Joe Meyer »

Cadet Porto is it?!!! Welcome, Tom . . . welcome, indeed!

Have you sampled to spirits in here, yet? They serve a nice hot toddy during these colder months, a drink that will warm you up enough so that you'll not need that fine, new Cadet's Coat that you're wearing. Here, let me help you slip that off while you settle in here at this table of mine. Gertrude will check it in for you while we order our toddies. Oh, I see that you've been issued that magnificent shako as well, an item that I fondly recall having from my own cadet days. Do you mind if I get a closer look? I suppose that I should tell you that there are a number of scurrilous stories being circulated within this establishment about me, stories that pretend to cast me as a shyster of cadet accoutrements. Don't believe them!

Ah, here are the toddies! I took the liberty of having the bartender giving you a bit more of the rum. That will help you disregard any notion or apprehension you may have of losing any parts of your uniform while in here. Drink up now, Tom, and tell me how your studies are progressing. Eichelberger, as I've heard, can be a bit if a stickler when it comes to artillery tactics. I, on the other hand, excel with the guns! Here, let me tell you how I bamboozled an entire reb division with only one 4-gun battery and a badly depleted infantry regiment. Drink up now, Tom!

My, that's a fine looking pair of boots you're wearing!
General Jos. C. Meyer,
Union Army Chief of Staff
Commander, Army of the Shenandoah
(2011-2014 UA GinC)

David Danner
AotC

Post by David Danner »

Welcome Cadet Proto.

There is a goodly amount of Cadets in the UMA right now and I hope your service to the Union is full of fun and friendships. As a caution, watch General Meyer when you epilates arrive. His MO: lots of drinks before the deed is done.
General Dave Danner
Commanding Cumberland Rifles Division, XX Corps
Army of the Cumberland
S = √ 30 x d x f + - e
C. Hecht
AotP

Post by C. Hecht »

Welcome Cadet Porto, good to see that the ranks of the AotP will soon see another officer enter the fight.
Lieutenant General Christian Hecht
Commander I Corps, Army of the Potomac