New Cadet Lynn Newell

A place for UMA Staff and Cadets to practice their forum skills and provide commentary upon their training and game questions. Field army officers and commanders may also participate at their liberty.
Benny Havens was the name of the tavern built beneath the Hudson River bluffs adjacent to the West Point Academy. (See: https://westpointcivilwar.wordpress.com ... allen-poe/)

Moderators: shsober, S. Eichelberger

L. Newell
AotT

New Cadet Lynn Newell

Post by L. Newell »

Gentlemen
I would like to introduce myself cadet Lynn Newell.
My instructor is Brig General R Scott Eichelberger, since this is my first time PBEM my instructor has been very helpful and feel very comfortable
I am an old retired USAF NCO. I started out playing wargames in the late 60's Avalon Hill and S&T board games. and started computer wargames about 10yrs ago My main interest is ACW gaming with Napoleonic gaming coming in second.

Gentlemen the next round of drinks are on me!
General Lynn Newell
Commander
Army Of The Tennessee
warhorse123
AotT

Re: New Cadet Lynn Newell

Post by warhorse123 »

Nice to meet you, Cadet Newell! Always glad to see a new officer in blue.

Col. Jason "Cannon Fodder" Campbell, ACWGC
2nd Infantry Brigade, Third Division, XV Corps, Union Army of the Tennessee

"Let's fill up our canteens, boys. Some of us will be in hell before nightfall, and we'll need the water."
S. Eichelberger
USA Command Staff

Post by S. Eichelberger »

Welcome, Cadet Newell!

We’re glad you found your way to our Club, Lynn, and that you’ve seen fit to take up the cause of the Union. I look forward to turning you loose on those Rebs in short order.

<Salute>
Gen. Scott Eichelberger, ACWGC
Commander, 7/4/V, AotP
Asst. Superintendent, UMA
Union Cabinet Secretary
Joe Meyer

Post by Joe Meyer »

Well, here's a nice surprise: an old "air dog" come to wear the blue and pound about with the rest of us! Very glad to meet you, Cadet. But I ought to warn you about pilfering and the scallywags who occasionally make their appearances here in Benny's place. Yes, that's right! I said "scallywags!" Here, sit down with me and I'll tell you all about them. Oh, . . . here, wait! Let me take that new shako you're wearing and put it over here out of the way. Yes, . . . that's right, let me have it. Good, good! These scallywags I'm talking about like to come in here, look around for a new, unsuspecting face and then ply him with drinks. Once they've got him all liquored up, then they'll drag him out before closing time, minus any of his prized accoutrements, and throw him onto the last wagon headed back up to the academy. Then, of course, they sell off all of his stuff or keep it for their own use!

But here now, all of this talking has got me dry and thirsty! BENNY! BRING US SOME ALE, . . . lot's of it!
General Jos. C. Meyer,
Union Army Chief of Staff
Commander, Army of the Shenandoah
(2011-2014 UA GinC)

ernie sands
USA Command Staff

Post by ernie sands »

Welcome, Cadet.
General Ernie Sands, ACWGC
UMG Western Theater, Commander
(Former ACWGC President, 2015-2020)

ACWGC Records Site Administrator
David Danner
AotC

Post by David Danner »

Welcome Cadet Newell to the Club and all the fun. Avalon Hill games: they take me back: Harford Road, Baltimore, MD.
General Dave Danner
Commanding Cumberland Rifles Division, XX Corps
Army of the Cumberland
S = √ 30 x d x f + - e
M. Lichtenberg
AotC

Post by M. Lichtenberg »

Welcome to the ranks. Tell them you want to fight in the west. Hanging around the Potomoc and Washington will corrupt you. Too many card cheats in the smokey saloons, come play cards around the drum head in the open air with honest midwestern boys.

Mark
F. Freeman
AotP

Post by F. Freeman »

Welcome aboard! Best of luck for your future preserving the Union.
Lt. Col. Frank Freeman
1st Infantry Division
5th INFANTRY BRIGADE
C. Hecht
AotP

Post by C. Hecht »

Welcome, welcome!
Lieutenant General Christian Hecht
Commander I Corps, Army of the Potomac