New Cadet Dillon Woo

A place for UMA Staff and Cadets to practice their forum skills and provide commentary upon their training and game questions. Field army officers and commanders may also participate at their liberty.
Benny Havens was the name of the tavern built beneath the Hudson River bluffs adjacent to the West Point Academy. (See: https://westpointcivilwar.wordpress.com ... allen-poe/)

Moderators: shsober, S. Eichelberger

D. Woo
AotC

New Cadet Dillon Woo

Post by D. Woo »

Greetings Gentleman,

<SALUTE>

My name is Dillon Woo and I'm from...
I'm worried to say where I am. I am from China and living in Beijing. I'm 33.

I love wargame and indulge in history. Korsun Pocket by SSG is my first digital wargame. I'm a big fan of John Tiller. Civil War Battles; Early American Wars; Napoleonic Battles; Panzer Campaigns and so on. I have played his game more than ten years ago. But I just know basic rules. I'm not very proficient.

It is my honour to join the UMA, I am so excited and a little nervous. My instructor is Brigadier General Walt Dortch. He is very kind,and he gave me a lot of help like a father. I think if I try harder, I will do better in our training. Thank you, Brigadier General Walt Dortch! Thank you, Sir!

I just love wargame, I just love history. Both the history of my country and other countries. I hope I can make friends from everywhere in the world. No political, no lie, no war, just wargame.

Regards

Cadet Dillon Woo
Lt. Col. Dillon Woo
2th Brigade, 2nd Division, 20th Corps
Army of the Cumberland
warhorse123
AotT

Re: New Cadet Dillon Woo

Post by warhorse123 »

A pleasure to meet you, Cadet Woo! Looking forward to sharing a round with you after your graduation at the Mason Dixon Tavern.

Col. Jason "Cannon Fodder" Campbell, ACWGC
2nd Infantry Brigade, Third Division, XV Corps, Union Army of the Tennessee

"Let's fill up our canteens, boys. Some of us will be in hell before nightfall, and we'll need the water."
S. Eichelberger
USA Command Staff

Post by S. Eichelberger »

Welcome, Cadet Woo!

Dillon, it is OUR honor to have you in the Club with us. You’re among friends here, who all love re-fighting ACW battles just as you do. So relax and have fun. Look forward to having join us on the battlefield against those pesky southern Rebs after your graduation from UMA.

<Salute!>
Gen. Scott Eichelberger, ACWGC
Commander, 7/4/V, AotP
Asst. Superintendent, UMA
Union Cabinet Secretary
C. Hecht
AotP

Post by C. Hecht »

Welcome aboard!
Lieutenant General Christian Hecht
Commander I Corps, Army of the Potomac
shsober

Post by shsober »

Welcome to the ACWGC and particularly the Union army. It's nice to add to our international presence!
Lt. Gen. Steve Sober, ACWGC
Army of the Potomac, 8/4/V
Union Army Cabinet Secretary
M. Lichtenberg
AotC

Post by M. Lichtenberg »

Welcome to the club!!!

Mark Lichtenberg
General, United States Volunteers
Army of the Cumberland
Commanding
Joe Meyer

Post by Joe Meyer »

Welcome to our club, Lieutenant! I am afraid that the canteen may not have all of your favorite drinks, but I can certainly fix you up with some nice rum or Madeira wine! Here, let me take your saber from you as you sit down and get comfortable. I generally leave my saber in my tent whenever I visit the canteen, or any forum bar. But I must warn you, sir, that there are officers who frequent these places who will try and take advantage of your unfamiliarity by snatching anything you may leave lying around. I try to discourage that kind of behavior by grabbing those things up before the hoodlums do. That way I can return them to their rightful owners in good form; return them, that is, of I remember where they are assigned. I see that you've been sent to the Union Army of the Cumberland! A fine group of stalwarts they are, fine, indeed! Oh, just put your hat over here on this chair. That's right! Right there on that chair! My, that's a fine new pair of campaign boots you have on!
General Jos. C. Meyer,
Union Army Chief of Staff
Commander, Army of the Shenandoah
(2011-2014 UA GinC)

ernie sands
USA Command Staff

Post by ernie sands »

Welcome, Cadet.
General Ernie Sands, ACWGC
UMG Western Theater, Commander
(Former ACWGC President, 2015-2020)