New Cadet: Steve Archer

A place for UMA Staff and Cadets to practice their forum skills and provide commentary upon their training and game questions. Field army officers and commanders may also participate at their liberty.
Benny Havens was the name of the tavern built beneath the Hudson River bluffs adjacent to the West Point Academy. (See: https://westpointcivilwar.wordpress.com ... allen-poe/)

Moderators: shsober, S. Eichelberger

S. Archer
AotT

New Cadet: Steve Archer

Post by S. Archer »

Howdy,

I look forward to being a part of the Union Army. I'm a Tennessee transplant from Rhode Island, so don't hold that against me and I ain't no Johnny Reb spy.
Look forward to getting in the Saddle. I've been fighting the good fight on the side of Napoleon and the French at the NWC.

Have a good one

Steve Archer
Cadet
Lt. Steve Archer, ACWGC
7/1/XV Corps, AotT
warhorse123
AotT

Re: New Cadet: Steve Archer

Post by warhorse123 »

Cadet Archer, its a pleasure to meet you! Let me buy you a round! How is Benny's...and especially how is the fair Theresa? Looking forward to seeing you lead the glorious boys in blue on to victory!

Col. Jason "Cannon Fodder" Campbell, ACWGC
2nd Infantry Brigade, Third Division, XV Corps, Union Army of the Tennessee

"Let's fill up our canteens, boys. Some of us will be in hell before nightfall, and we'll need the water."
Joe Meyer

Post by Joe Meyer »

Most happy to meet you, Cadet Archer! I do hope that you won't find your classes at the academy to be overwhelming. How are you set with pencils, pens and notebooks? Perhaps a flask or two of something to pass the study hours? I know of a peddler in the area who can fix a cadet up at a fairly cheap price! And don't worry! If you don't have the cash, he'll be glad to hold some of your accoutrements as collateral. In fact, I'll be seeing him later on this evening and I'll be glad to pass on your shako to him so that you can start a credit account with him.

Now, here, take this mug of brew and tell me what you think of it? Benny calls it his "Cold Night Comfort," and I'll have to admit that I've had use of it once or twice in the past. But being from Tennessee I suspect that you've sampled much stronger drink in your time. Oops! Don't spill it now; it kind of creeps up on you, and you'll find yourself licking your lops more and more as you drain it. Let's take a closer look at your hat size!
General Jos. C. Meyer,
Union Army Chief of Staff
Commander, Army of the Shenandoah
(2011-2014 UA GinC)

C. Hecht
AotP

Post by C. Hecht »

Welcome aboard! Good to have you here.
Lieutenant General Christian Hecht
Commander I Corps, Army of the Potomac
shsober

Post by shsober »

Welcome to mayhem, Cadet Archer!

I understand you left your tobacco pouch with General Eichelberger but you didn't give General Meyer your sword. It's a good start. Maybe you could find more tobacco at Eichelberger's Tobacco store?
Lt. Gen. Steve Sober, ACWGC
Army of the Potomac, 8/4/V
Union Army Cabinet Secretary
S. Eichelberger
USA Command Staff

Post by S. Eichelberger »

Welcome, Cadet Archer!

It is true that the expression “hold on to your hat” applies quite literally here in the Canteen -- as well as your sword, epaulettes, and shiny new boots. So, I recommend leaving those items in my office back in the Academy for safekeeping. Perhaps I could buy this next round for you? Business at my “Uniform Outfitting & Tobacco Emporium” has been picking up lately ;-)
Gen. Scott Eichelberger, ACWGC
Commander, 7/4/V, AotP
Asst. Superintendent, UMA
Union Cabinet Secretary
ernie sands
USA Command Staff

Post by ernie sands »

Welcome aboard.
General Ernie Sands, ACWGC
UMG Western Theater, Commander
(Former ACWGC President, 2015-2020)

ACWGC Records Site Administrator
David Danner
AotC

Post by David Danner »

Welcome Cadet Archer. Archer you say--hey there was an Archer who spent some days at Fort Delaware in 1863. Good luck sir and there appears to be some free Belgium beer about so I'll have another. Good fortune sir. Salute.
General Dave Danner
Commanding Cumberland Rifles Division, XX Corps
Army of the Cumberland
S = √ 30 x d x f + - e
M.J. Dowling

Post by M.J. Dowling »

Mr. Archer:

Steve,
Welcome to the Union Army Group. May you enjoy battling with our errant brothers. Remember, above all else, to enjoy the experience, exercise good judgement, and be honorable in all of your interactions.

Good luck
General M.J. Dowling, ACWGC
GinC, Union Military Group

Image Image
S. Archer
AotT

Post by S. Archer »

Sirs,

Thank you all for the welcome. I think I have dollars in need of spending in General Eichelberger's Tobacco Emporium, and not any of that Confederate Funny Money. Being an East Tennessee boy we never went for all that leaving the Union.

With regard to my, hat, I think my horse got a good chunk of it. General Meyer, you say there's a peddler willing to trade? I've got a half full jug of Mowbray Mountain Moonshine that I'm willing to trade. Thanks again for the support.

Regards,

Steve Archer
Cadet
Union Army
Lt. Steve Archer, ACWGC
7/1/XV Corps, AotT