New Cadet Bill Schwartz

A place for UMA Staff and Cadets to practice their forum skills and provide commentary upon their training and game questions. Field army officers and commanders may also participate at their liberty.
Benny Havens was the name of the tavern built beneath the Hudson River bluffs adjacent to the West Point Academy. (See: https://westpointcivilwar.wordpress.com ... allen-poe/)

Moderators: shsober, S. Eichelberger

Blackrobe
AotP

New Cadet Bill Schwartz

Post by Blackrobe »

<Salute>
Gentlemen, my name is Bill Schwartz and I live in General John Logan's hometown - Murphysboro, Illinois. I have been playing Civil War games for well over 20 years. Work, life and other interests put my gaming on hold for a large period of time. I was a member of this club a long time ago when I was playing the Talonsoft games. In fact, many of your names are familiar to me. At that time I was fighting under the name "Blackrobe".

I have a long and deep interest in the Civil War as a relative of mine died at Stone's River. You can imagine the profound wave of emotion that I experienced when I viewed his grave in the National Cemetery which Is located in what was the Round Forest.

I want to thank Gen. Eichelberger for steering this cadet through basic training. I hope to meet many of you on the battlefield in the near future.

Honor to all of those who served on Memorial Day!

Cadet Schwartz
Col. Bill Schwartz
V/2/4
Army of the Potomac
C. Hecht
AotP

Re: New Cadet Bill Schwartz

Post by C. Hecht »

Welcome aboard!
Hope your doing fine in Murphysboro.
Lieutenant General Christian Hecht
Commander I Corps, Army of the Potomac
Joe Meyer

Post by Joe Meyer »

Warmest welcome, Cadet Schwartz! And it is a distinct honor to meet a descendant of a soldier who gave his life in the "Round Forest" fight at Stones River.

"Blackrobe," you say? I recall a very interesting film of that title some years back. It was about a Jesuit priest's life and adventures among the native Americans in the 1700's.

I should take the time to caution you, Cadet, upon wearing your spiffy uniform and accoutrements to establishments such as this, where veteran but envious eyes are prone to swipe things if you do not guard them carefully, especially if you allow yourself to become bemused by the comely bar girls who will offer you "drinks on the house!" Lt. Gen. Hecht already has a nice collection of sashes and gloves that have been pilfered from unwary cadets such as yourself. But not all of us are of such disposition, preferring instead to offer our help in preventing these unsuspecting robberies. I, myself, am quite willing to safeguard those parade ground shoes for you if you wish to get a little more comfortable! Here now, let's call the fetching Brenda over here with a nice cool beer to start things off right!
General Jos. C. Meyer,
Union Army Chief of Staff
Commander, Army of the Shenandoah
(2011-2014 UA GinC)

David Danner
AotC

Post by David Danner »

Warm welcome Lieutenant Schwartz. Keep the smoke down to a minimum as we are all wearing masks.
General Dave Danner
Commanding Cumberland Rifles Division, XX Corps
Army of the Cumberland
S = √ 30 x d x f + - e
S. Eichelberger
USA Command Staff

Post by S. Eichelberger »

Cadet Schwartz, it is a pleasure to have you back in the club. Look forward to your graduation soon and getting you out on the field of battle with a fresh brigade under your command. There is no doubt that the Rebs will come to fear the name of “Blackrobe” once again!
Gen. Scott Eichelberger, ACWGC
Commander, 7/4/V, AotP
Asst. Superintendent, UMA
Union Cabinet Secretary
ernie sands
USA Command Staff

Post by ernie sands »

Welcome and good luck.
General Ernie Sands, ACWGC
UMG Western Theater, Commander
(Former ACWGC President, 2015-2020)

ACWGC Records Site Administrator
M. Lichtenberg
AotC

Post by M. Lichtenberg »

Welcome back to the club!

Mark Lichtenberg
General, United States Volunteers
Army of the Cumberland
Commanding
Blackrobe
AotP

Post by Blackrobe »

General Meyer,
Thank you for the warning concerning the patrons of this establishment. Please do not take it as an affront if I keep my shoes on my feet as I run much better in shoes than out of them! As a new cadet I would be honored to clean your sidearm while you discuss matters with Brenda.
Col. Bill Schwartz
V/2/4
Army of the Potomac
L. Drummond
AotC

Post by L. Drummond »

Cadet Schwartz: Welcome back Sir! I too, returned after at least fifteen years, and it has been enjoyable other than getting into battles with those wily secesh who seem to possess better combat skills, than I. I did return with my previous rank and I am envious of your cadet rank as this makes it so you don't have to live up to a higher rank than what you believe you should be. LOL Sometimes on these fields, I feel more like a Fld. Lt. in Brigadiers clothing. I hail from New Baden, Illinois and am retired to that town, especially with the Covid infiltrating the area, but I am well. Again welcome, Sir!
Maj. Gen., Loren Drummond,
Commanding, III Division, XVI Corps,
Army of the Tennessee,
Blackrobe
AotP

Post by Blackrobe »

General Drummond it is an honor to be in your presence. I am familiar with your domicile as my doctor, Jeff Ripperda, hails from the area. I am certain that you have partaken of a plate from the roadhouse locally known as A Fine Swine. They serve some good vittles there. I look forward to completing the academy and earning a place on the battlefield.
Col. Bill Schwartz
V/2/4
Army of the Potomac