New Cadet Jason Campbell

A place for UMA Staff and Cadets to practice their forum skills and provide commentary upon their training and game questions. Field army officers and commanders may also participate at their liberty.
Benny Havens was the name of the tavern built beneath the Hudson River bluffs adjacent to the West Point Academy. (See: https://westpointcivilwar.wordpress.com ... allen-poe/)

Moderators: shsober, S. Eichelberger

warhorse123
AotT

New Cadet Jason Campbell

Post by warhorse123 »

Greetings gentleman.
<Salute>
My name is Jason Campbell and I live in the birthplace of those two great Union generals Grant and Sherman, Ohio. I'm 43. It's very nice to make the acquaintance of gentlemen such as yourselves that really enjoy ACW war gaming. I've dabbled in it since the 90's with Talonsofts Battleground series and enjoy it very much
I own Brother Against Brother: The Drawing Of The Sword, Battleplan: American Civil War, Napoleon: Total War (Civil War mod), Scourge of War: Anniversary Edition, Ultimate General Civil War, Civil War II, Ironclads, Gettysburg: The Tide Turns, JTS Campaign Gettysburg, Campaign Atlanta, Campaign Antietam, and, I just happened to find my copy of Talonsofts Battleground: Gettysburg the other night.
I feel war gaming is thee best way to settle all the "what if" questions.
I am looking forward, pending my graduation, on taking the field with you fine bunch of gentlemen and stamping out this rebellion!
ON TO RICHMOND!
"Victory will inevitably attend our arms."
*First round at Benny's is on me, cadets!*
S. Eichelberger
USA Command Staff

Re: New Cadet Jason Campbell

Post by S. Eichelberger »

Welcome, Cadet Campbell! We’re glad you were able to find your way to this fine establishment. And pleased to have a distinguished gentlemen such as yourself taking up arms with us to defend the Union against those confused people to the South. Speaking of those other valiant defenders, I think I see General Meyer entering the Tavern now... {Leans over and whispers: "A word to the wise – hang tightly onto that new campaign hat and shiny saber. The good General looks to be short on funds again, if you know what I'm saying..."}
Gen. Scott Eichelberger, ACWGC
Commander, 7/4/V, AotP
Asst. Superintendent, UMA
Union Cabinet Secretary
C. Hecht
AotP

Post by C. Hecht »

Welcome aboard!
Lieutenant General Christian Hecht
Commander I Corps, Army of the Potomac
Joe Meyer

Post by Joe Meyer »

Very nice to meet you, Cadet! You Ohio boys have a certain, dapper look about you, as if you were made for that uniform. But, oh, look! You've slightly soiled your dress gloves upon the greasy back of these chairs. Let me offer you a replacement pair you can wear while you're in here. These were taken off a reb officer on his way to Johnson Island. I'll go ahead and take your spiffy, new cadet gloves and have them properly cleaned before you leave the bar!

Now tell me, son, do you know the McCook's? I hear that they are the fight'nest family in Ohio. Good to know someone with those kinds of connections.
General Jos. C. Meyer,
Union Army Chief of Staff
Commander, Army of the Shenandoah
(2011-2014 UA GinC)

warhorse123
AotT

Post by warhorse123 »

Sirs!
<SALUTE>
It is indeed an honor.
General Meyer, the McCooks are from Columbiana County, just a few counties to the south east of my home. Hopefully, Im able to show there is fighting blood in NE Ohio as well. Where may I pick up my gloves when I leave and...if its not too much trouble, do any of you fine gentlemen have a light for this rather good Cuban cigar?

Col. Jason "Cannon Fodder" Campbell, ACWGC
2nd Infantry Brigade, Third Division, XV Corps, Union Army of the Tennessee

"Let's fill up our canteens, boys. Some of us will be in hell before nightfall, and we'll need the water."
David Danner
AotC

Post by David Danner »

Welcome sir and as I'm prone to say: drinks on General Eichelberger's tab.
General Dave Danner
Commanding Cumberland Rifles Division, XX Corps
Army of the Cumberland
S = √ 30 x d x f + - e
ernie sands
USA Command Staff

Post by ernie sands »

Welcome and good luck.
General Ernie Sands, ACWGC
UMG Western Theater, Commander
(Former ACWGC President, 2015-2020)