Col Kevin Wenker returning from furlough

A place for UMA Staff and Cadets to practice their forum skills and provide commentary upon their training and game questions. Field army officers and commanders may also participate at their liberty.
Benny Havens was the name of the tavern built beneath the Hudson River bluffs adjacent to the West Point Academy. (See: https://westpointcivilwar.wordpress.com ... allen-poe/)

Moderators: shsober, S. Eichelberger

K. Wenker
AotP

Col Kevin Wenker returning from furlough

Post by K. Wenker »

Greetings and my respects to all. I have reported to active duty once more, returning from a long furlough. I am a bit older than most soldiers here, turning 70 later this year. While I am well able to shoot straight and maintain my place in the saddle, I do need to soak my hardtack before attempting to masticate said substance. I see the War Department has made no improvements to the rations. More scalawags taking advantage of the foot sore soldier, no doubt. I share your privations and seek no advantage due to rank or age.

As to my background, I am an active Lutheran pastor from the Phoenix area in Arizona Territory. Let not my being a clergyman worry any of you, good comrades, for we German Lutherans are not pacifists and our forebears were well versed in training and the use of firearms.

I wish all of you well; good health in the field and may Providence watch over you in battle. As I finish being refreshed in the manual of arms and Hardee's Tactics by both officer and Sergeant, I look forward to joining you on the firing line to put down our rabid Rebel foe and return our beloved Union to its full complement of States.

Respectfully, I remain
Col. Kevin Wenker
L. Drummond
AotC

Re: Col Kevin Wenker returning from furlough

Post by L. Drummond »

Welcome back, from a returning veteran in late February. All officers I had battled against in the early 2000's have since retired. Of course I was in my 40s then. You are correct sir in the change of privations of the army.
Maj. Gen., Loren Drummond,
Commanding, III Division, XVI Corps,
Army of the Tennessee,
Michael Osborne
AotP

Post by Michael Osborne »

Welcome (back), sir, to the Union Army.
General Michael Osborne
1st Bde/1st Div/I Corps (USA)
"The Iron Brigade"
C. Hecht
AotP

Post by C. Hecht »

Welcome back Col. Wenker!
Lieutenant General Christian Hecht
Commander I Corps, Army of the Potomac
S. Eichelberger
USA Command Staff

Post by S. Eichelberger »

Welcome back, Colonel! As a fellow man of the cloth, I encourage you to smite them Rebs hip and thigh. :mrgreen:
Gen. Scott Eichelberger, ACWGC
Commander, 7/4/V, AotP
Asst. Superintendent, UMA
Union Cabinet Secretary