Cadet Frank Freeman reporting as ordered, Sirs

A place for UMA Staff and Cadets to practice their forum skills and provide commentary upon their training and game questions. Field army officers and commanders may also participate at their liberty.
Benny Havens was the name of the tavern built beneath the Hudson River bluffs adjacent to the West Point Academy. (See: https://westpointcivilwar.wordpress.com ... allen-poe/)

Moderators: shsober, S. Eichelberger

David Danner
AotC

Re: Cadet Frank Freeman reporting as ordered, Sirs

Post by David Danner »

Welcome Cadet Freeman. I know you are traveling today but sir be mindful of that fellow Texican General Mark Nelms. He carries many greenbacks in his haversack which he accumulated as "shell game" expert on his travels to Texas from Illinois.

I look forward in the resumption of our training game and your eventual graduation from the Union Military Academy.
General Dave Danner
Commanding Cumberland Rifles Division, XX Corps
Army of the Cumberland
S = √ 30 x d x f + - e
F. Freeman
AotP

Re: Cadet Frank Freeman reporting as ordered, Sirs

Post by F. Freeman »

Gentlemen,

Thanks to all of you for the warm welcome. It's good to see a few fellow Texans in the ranks. While I wasn't born in Texas, I got here as fast as I could moving here as a young man from Pennsylvania over 30 years ago. Like some of the English who invaded Ireland, I become more Texan than some of the native born ones. Given that my family origins are in the North starting in 1644, I no doubt had some relation who wore the Union blue.

Drinks to all!

Frank Freeman, Cadet
Lt. Col. Frank Freeman
1st Infantry Division
5th INFANTRY BRIGADE