Lieutenant Squires reporting for active duty.

A place for UMA Staff and Cadets to practice their forum skills and provide commentary upon their training and game questions. Field army officers and commanders may also participate at their liberty.
Benny Havens was the name of the tavern built beneath the Hudson River bluffs adjacent to the West Point Academy. (See: https://westpointcivilwar.wordpress.com ... allen-poe/)

Moderators: shsober, S. Eichelberger

D. Squires

Lieutenant Squires reporting for active duty.

Post by D. Squires »

Lieutenant Derek Squires reporting for duty. I am ready to bring this awful rebellion to an end.
David Danner
AotC

Re: Lieutenant Squires reporting for active duty.

Post by David Danner »

Excellent Derek. I do not know which Army you will join but success be yours in this terrible fighting. Drinks on me until your billet is secured. Salute.
General Dave Danner
Commanding Cumberland Rifles Division, XX Corps
Army of the Cumberland
S = √ 30 x d x f + - e
C. Hecht
AotP

Post by C. Hecht »

D. Squires wrote:Lieutenant Derek Squires reporting for duty. I am ready to bring this awful rebellion to an end.
That's the right spirit, welcome aboard!
Lieutenant General Christian Hecht
Commander I Corps, Army of the Potomac
ernie sands
USA Command Staff

Post by ernie sands »

D. Squires wrote:Lieutenant Derek Squires reporting for duty. I am ready to bring this awful rebellion to an end.
Here, here!!! :!: :idea:
General Ernie Sands, ACWGC
UMG Western Theater, Commander
(Former ACWGC President, 2015-2020)

ACWGC Records Site Administrator
nelmsm
AotC

Post by nelmsm »

Welcome Lt. Squires! While you explain to the barkeep why it's okay for me to drink on your tab let me tell you about the time Sterling Price and I were sweet on the same young woman and was going to wrestle to see who got to woo her but fortunately I saw her mother and he didn't and I let him win. All before the war of course but fun times.
General Mark Nelms
6/2/XIV/AoC "Blackhawk Brigade"
Union Military Academy Instructor
M. Lichtenberg
AotC

Post by M. Lichtenberg »

Welcome Lieutenant,

My adjutant informs me you are to be posted to the Army of the Cumberland and that a message from you has already arrived at HQ. That’s good news – enjoy a nice evening here and we will soon get you introduced to your new brigade. Due stay careful and don’t fall into a card came with any of these eastern officers who are hanging about.

Mark Lichtenberg
Lieutenant General, United States Volunteers
Army of the Cumberland
Commanding
R. Sickbert
AotP

Post by R. Sickbert »

Welcome to the Union blue Lieutenant! It is great to have you with us. I look forward to following your exploits!

Best Regards,
Lt. Gen. R. Sickbert
First Division, Fifth Corp
Army of the Potomac

Joe Meyer

Post by Joe Meyer »

Glad to have you finally with us, Lt. Squires! I see that you've made it through the academy with most of your accoutrements intact and that you still have your sword and boots. Before you leave the bar tonight, however, that may change, especially if you sit down over there with General Nelms. Has he told you about the time he held off Forrest with nothing but his rusty spoon? If I were you, I shouldn't allow myself to get close to anyone wearing a star or two, present company excluded.

I tend to support the new officers coming our way, making certain that they have all that they will need to put in a respectable appearance on the battlefield. Take that shiny, new Remington .36 you've got tucked in your holster: a fine sidearm for an officer, but actually a little too underpowered for the kind of heavy fighting you'll find out West with the Cumberland people. Here, take a look at this baby, a Walker Colt! You can double-charge this thing for some real hitting power and keep those rebs down for good! Here's what I'll do for you: go ahead and take the Walker and let me rid you of that Remington pea-shooter. The tamping pivot is getting a little gritty and the hammer feels a bit scratchy, but you can fix that easy enough with a little Mississippi mud when you get down there. Here, have another drink on me while you look it over.

I expect that you may come back her one day with a couple of stars on your shoulders and provide all of us with hair-raising tales of your own adventures. By the way, I was present at that pre-war wrestling match between Sterling Price and Gen. Nelms as they tussled for the affections of that sweet young lady, and I had a chance to speak with both her and her mother as they watched the contest. The mother told me the young daughter's name, which I've long forgotten. But I do remember what she said about her. "If'n ya think she's purty now, ya shud'uv seen her before she had the diaree!"
General Jos. C. Meyer,
Union Army Chief of Staff
Commander, Army of the Shenandoah
(2011-2014 UA GinC)

Pete Russo
AotT

Post by Pete Russo »

Sir, Salute...

welcome to the club and Union Army.....

I look forward to you drubbing the rebs...

Pete

Lt.General Pete Russo
XVI
Army of the Tennessee
Lt. Gen. Pete Russo, ACWGC
XVI Corps, Union Army of the Tennessee
nsimms
AotC

Post by nsimms »

Do you realize how ugly Sterling Price is and always has been, and he wins the hand of the lady over Gen Nelms! In the end, Gen Nelms wife won him as a mystery gift at a raffle. Here is some extra money, Lieutenant, so that you can buy Gen Nelms another drink.
Gen Ned Simms
1/1/XIV Corps/AotC
Blood 'n Guts hisself, a land lovin' pirate. Show me some arty tubes and we'll charge 'em.