New Cadet Kellogg Reporting

A place for UMA Staff and Cadets to practice their forum skills and provide commentary upon their training and game questions. Field army officers and commanders may also participate at their liberty.
Benny Havens was the name of the tavern built beneath the Hudson River bluffs adjacent to the West Point Academy. (See: https://westpointcivilwar.wordpress.com ... allen-poe/)

Moderators: shsober, S. Eichelberger

hkellogg
AotC

Re: New Cadet Kellogg Reporting

Post by hkellogg »

nelmsm wrote:Welcome Cadet Kellog! Don't believe everything General Danner tells you, he tends to speak in half truths. Now if you'll just buy me a drink I'll be happy to tell you about the time I fought off an entire company of Nathan Bedford Forrest's cavalry while only armed with a butter knife and mounted on a donkey. Yes, you may have to buy several drinks as my throat is rather parched and I'd hate for it to get all scratchy while telling of that incredible engagement.

On a more serious note I love to read alternate history so I went out and picked up the first book in your series. Looks intriguing.
I want to apologize front for the bad editing on the first two books. I cannot spell or proofread. I bought two very expensive editing software packages...they both sucked. The end result is a book that is hard to read but a story that seems to be well liked. They both keep selling and I can only assume that it is in spite of the writing and editing. It is a whale of a yarn based on actual historical facts and possibilities despite some reviewers who lack the historical knowledge needed.

For the third book I found a good editor and she has helped me improve my copy tremendously.

Bottomline is that you should hang in there and enjoy the story and try and ignore the typos. :oops:

Also be aware that it is not clear who will win in the end and if the possibility of a US defeat bothers you, then be prepared. You will note that the vast majority of the one star reviews complain about this possibility. I personally enjoy a nail biter with numerous twists and turns.

A few questions if I may. I cannot seem to be able to search the forums. Does this occur later in my journey through the ranks?

I cannot seem to get my signature to show the image I selected. Is there a process different from other forums? I tried once again below and as far as I can tell it doesn't work.

Thank you in advance.

Harry
Cadet from Wisconsin hoping to join my boys in battle
1st Corps
1st Division
1st Brigade
The Iron Brigade
Joe Meyer

Post by Joe Meyer »

Cadets are limited as to their forum privileges, but will be given full access to every phase of this forum and the ACWGC Main Forum upon their graduation. Got to earn those privileges!

As far as posting a signature image, the image must first be published somewhere else on the internet; in other words, it must have a URL identification handle. If you have created your own image, simply send it to me and I can publish it for you within the Union Army Image Repositories.

It is true that I absconded with a few cases of wine upon my departure from the AotC; but they were rejects from Danner's stocks, labeled Chateau de Goat and originally found by him in a washer woman's tent. After carefully sipping a sample I decided to dump them in the horse trough, from which my own trusty mount, Windows 98, slaked his thirst and thereafter expired.
General Jos. C. Meyer,
Union Army Chief of Staff
Commander, Army of the Shenandoah
(2011-2014 UA GinC)

hkellogg
AotC

Post by hkellogg »

Joe Meyer wrote:As far as posting a signature image, the image must first be published somewhere else on the internet; in other words, it must have a URL identification handle. If you have created your own image, simply send it to me and I can publish it for you within the Union Army Image Repositories.
I tried to PM you with the image but of course it didn't work there either. Could you send me an email address that I could attach it to.

Thanks
Harry
hkellogg36i@gmail.com
1st Corps
1st Division
1st Brigade
The Iron Brigade
hkellogg
AotC

Post by hkellogg »

Thank you General Meyer!

Cadet Kellogg now has all his papers in order. :)
1st Corps
1st Division
1st Brigade
The Iron Brigade