New Cader - Jack Lau

A place for UMA Staff and Cadets to practice their forum skills and provide commentary upon their training and game questions. Field army officers and commanders may also participate at their liberty.
Benny Havens was the name of the tavern built beneath the Hudson River bluffs adjacent to the West Point Academy. (See: https://westpointcivilwar.wordpress.com ... allen-poe/)

Moderators: shsober, S. Eichelberger

J. Lau

New Cader - Jack Lau

Post by J. Lau »

Greetings,

I will like to give you all a brief introduction about myself

I am Chinese , aged 49 , single father with 2 lovely daughters, from Singapore and currently staying in Kuala Lumpur ,Malaysia.

I has been diagnose with end stage kidney failure a
year ago which resulting in daily dialysis since then.

This has pretty much tie me down,spending most of my time at home thus give me a lot of free time on my favorite hobbies which is computer war games

I always been interested in American Civil War and as an Asian my knowledge in this era are pretty low
I hope by joining this club and really focus on the HPS/JTS Civil War games ,I could learn a lot and at the same time enjoy the process.

I also enjoy Panzer Campaigns and recently bought the Panzer Battles Kursk,really having so much fun with these games

I am looking forward to have a good time here and will try to contribute whatever I can for the club

Thank you

Cadet in Training
Jack Lau
Lieutenant Jack Lau
7th Reserve Infantry Brigade,
Second Infantry Division,
VIII Corps,
Army of the Shenandoah
Derald Riggs

Re: New Cader - Jack Lau

Post by Derald Riggs »

Welcome to the Union Army Lt. Lau. It is great to have you here.

Jack and I are currently in training together and he will be on the front lines soon.
General Derald Riggs
Union Army, Commanding

Antony Barlow
AotC

Post by Antony Barlow »

A very warm welcome to you Jack. I hope you enjoy your gaming and make some friends here. I once visited Kuala Lumpur. A fascinating place! I'm sorry to hear about the kidney failure. It's something I may face one day too if the kidney disease I have progresses. Stay strong!
ernie sands
USA Command Staff

Post by ernie sands »

Welcome to the ACWGC.

I am sure you will find this an excellent place to continue your war gaming. There are plenty of battles to be played. If you have not played PBEM before, you will find playing vs another human very challenging and fun.

I can completely associate with your health problems as my brother is in a similar situation as you and is waiting for a transplant. A positive outlook is always an important aspect of medical care.
General Ernie Sands, ACWGC
UMG Western Theater, Commander
(Former ACWGC President, 2015-2020)

ACWGC Records Site Administrator
Joe Meyer

Post by Joe Meyer »

My compliments, Cadet Lau, on your first post with us! I'm sure that you'll find the American Civil War Game Club to be an interesting and companionable place. I look forward to your successful graduation from the Union Military Academy.
General Jos. C. Meyer,
Union Army Chief of Staff
Commander, Army of the Shenandoah
(2011-2014 UA GinC)

David Martin

Post by David Martin »

Welcome Cadet Lau! Enjoy yourself, have fun and go get those Rebs!

David
Lieutenant General David Martin
First Brigade
First Division
First Corps
Army of the Potomac
Dan Peterjohn

Post by Dan Peterjohn »

Cadet Lau,

Jack,

You have come a long way to teach the Rebels a lesson! I am sure that you will find the Civil War Game Club a thoroughly enjoyable experience-not only for the battles but for the friends you will make.

I had the good fortune to visit Singapore a number of years ago and enjoyed every minute I spent there-what a wonderful place filled with great people. I haven't made it to Kuala Lumpur-one of the many places I would like to see.

Please feel free to contact me at any time if you need some assistance with the club and with games or if you would just like to talk about the American Civil War. Like most members of the club, I love talking about the war and all of its aspects and I am always willing to "Bend someone's ear" about it if they are willing to listen!

Welcome to the ACWGC!!

Dan
Dan Peterjohn
General, United States Volunteers
Army of the Tennessee
Commanding

M. Letus

Post by M. Letus »

Welcome Cadet Lau!!!

Here's hoping you're assigned to the Grand Army of the Potomac!!

MG Mike Letus
mstjulien19
AotS

Post by mstjulien19 »

Welcome Cadet Lau,

Like you, I am very new to all this. I look forward to seeing you out there.
Lt. Colonel Michael St.Julien
5th Brigade
Second Division/VIII Corps
Army of the Shenandoah
David Danner
AotC

Post by David Danner »

Cadet Lau: Welcome sir and good luck with your gaming. Are you the same Jack Lau I started training several years back? If so, what happened? Anyway have fun and go Big Blue.
General Dave Danner
Commanding Cumberland Rifles Division, XX Corps
Army of the Cumberland
S = √ 30 x d x f + - e