New Cadet - Michael St.Julien

A place for UMA Staff and Cadets to practice their forum skills and provide commentary upon their training and game questions. Field army officers and commanders may also participate at their liberty.
Benny Havens was the name of the tavern built beneath the Hudson River bluffs adjacent to the West Point Academy. (See: https://westpointcivilwar.wordpress.com ... allen-poe/)

Moderators: shsober, S. Eichelberger

mstjulien19
AotS

New Cadet - Michael St.Julien

Post by mstjulien19 »

New Cadet Michael St.Julien reporting for duty as assigned.

It is good to meet you all. A little bit about myself. I am originally from Louisiana but worked in Texas and New Mexico. I am currently in Missouri. I am legally blind and actually work for an agency for the blind here in Missouri. I am the Assistant Director; but my primary responsibility is for our Field Services. My wife and I homeschool our five kids. They are 4 girls and 1 boy ranging in age from 16yrs to 2yrs. It's pretty busy.

I've been gaming for a long time, but am very new to wargaming having only come into this just a bit over a year ago. My problem is that I loaded up on too many games at once and really don't have the time to play them all to an acceptable level. They are 1. Command Modern Air/Naval, 2. and Iron, 3. Hearts of Iron III, 4. War in the Pacific, 5. Graviteam Tactics and DLCs, 6. Combat Mission - Shock Force, 7. Hannibal Rome and Carthage, 8. Civil War II and Bloody Roads South, and 9. Command Ops-Battle for the Bulge.

The past few weeks I've focused on Civil War II (though I'm still very new), War in the Pacific, and a little bit of Command Modern. I saw a post for the ACWGC on the Ageod website and thought this would be a good way to really get into these games. Currently the only Civil War title that I have is Civil War II. But I am considering one of the John Tiller titles as well.

I am looking forward to beginning training and hopefully will represent you well.
Cadet St.Julien
Lt. Colonel Michael St.Julien
5th Brigade
Second Division/VIII Corps
Army of the Shenandoah
Joe Meyer

Re: New Cadet - Michael St.Julien

Post by Joe Meyer »

Glad to have you focusing in with us, Michael! We'll soon have you donning the straps of a First Lieutenant and on your way to a very satisfying and enjoyable "career" as an officer of the ACWGC Union Army.
General Jos. C. Meyer,
Union Army Chief of Staff
Commander, Army of the Shenandoah
(2011-2014 UA GinC)

Derald Riggs

Post by Derald Riggs »

Cadet St. Julien:

Welcome to the Union Army. We are looking forward adding you to our ranks.
General Derald Riggs
Union Army, Commanding

Antony Barlow
AotC

Post by Antony Barlow »

A very warm welcome to you Michael. I hope you enjoy your gaming here at the ACWGC. I'd definitely recommend checking out the Tiller games. As well as being fun they have a lot of replay value. :)
mstjulien19
AotS

Post by mstjulien19 »

Thank for the warm welcome. May ask if I read the Union Army Library ssite correctly; Do you have to be an officer to obtain a password and review the content? I am interested so may be getting ahead of myself.
5th Brigade
Army of the Shenandoah
ernie sands
USA Command Staff

Post by ernie sands »

Welcome Cadet St.Julien:

I am sure you will be an excellent asset to the Union cause.
General Ernie Sands, ACWGC
UMG Western Theater, Commander
(Former ACWGC President, 2015-2020)

ACWGC Records Site Administrator
Douglas E Shaw
AotC

Post by Douglas E Shaw »

Welcome aboard Michael! I am in Webster Groves, Missouri a suburb of St. Louis. What city are you in? If you are thinking about some of the John Tiller titles I recommend HPS Gettysburg or JTS Overland. They are probably the most popular right now and will make it easier for you to find opponents. Best of luck to you in your gaming.
Gen Doug Shaw
4th Brig/1st Div/XIVth Corps
Dan Peterjohn

Post by Dan Peterjohn »

Welcome Michael,

YoI've certainly carved out a mighty task for yourself with all those games! I think you will find the ACWGC provides plenty of challenges and enjoyment.

Dan
Dan Peterjohn
General, United States Volunteers
Army of the Tennessee
Commanding

mstjulien19
AotS

Post by mstjulien19 »

Douglas E Shaw wrote:Welcome aboard Michael! I am in Webster Groves, Missouri a suburb of St. Louis. What city are you in? If you are thinking about some of the John Tiller titles I recommend HPS Gettysburg or JTS Overland. They are probably the most popular right now and will make it easier for you to find opponents. Best of luck to you in your gaming.
I live in Jefferson City. But in my job I go to St. Louis quite often. I was there last week to work. We've got 2 districts in the St. Louis area that I supervise. I am glad you mentioned that you as in Missoui. I was really curious about the Missouri wargaming community.

I stared out gaming back in 1991 with my fist flight Sims Falcon 3.0, Chuck Yeager's Air Combat, and a variety of Microprose Sims. Loved that and racing Sims. I then started text gaming doing a little Out of the Park Baseball and Puresim. Lots more gaming since ten. But last year I found wargaming. It fits with my busy schedule because its turn-based. Unlike flightsims or I racing, I can play at my own pace. I never thought I'd like it...I was wrong. But yes I bought way too many at once. Heh.
5th Brigade
Army of the Shenandoah
C. Hecht
AotP

Post by C. Hecht »

Welcome aboard and good luck in your future battles!
Lieutenant General Christian Hecht
Commander I Corps, Army of the Potomac