Cadet from Idaho

A place for UMA Staff and Cadets to practice their forum skills and provide commentary upon their training and game questions. Field army officers and commanders may also participate at their liberty.
Benny Havens was the name of the tavern built beneath the Hudson River bluffs adjacent to the West Point Academy. (See: https://westpointcivilwar.wordpress.com ... allen-poe/)

Moderators: shsober, S. Eichelberger

M. Maher

Cadet from Idaho

Post by M. Maher »

Hi I am a new cadet who lives in Idaho. I grew up in Pennsylvania and went to high school in Northern Virginia. I have always been interested in the Civil War. I have been to all the big eastern battlefields in VA, MD, and Gettysburg.

Thanks for General Driggs for training me. I hope to get in the mix as soon as possible. Thanks for letting me come aboard.
C. Hecht
AotP

Re: Cadet from Idaho

Post by C. Hecht »

Welcome aboard and thanks for joining, always good to see some fresh blood entering the club.
Lieutenant General Christian Hecht
Commander I Corps, Army of the Potomac
Derald Riggs

Post by Derald Riggs »

Matt and I are in the thick of training and I think he will be on the battlefield very soon.
General Derald Riggs
Union Army, Commanding

M. Maher

Post by M. Maher »

Thanks General Hecht and General Driggs. Glad to be hear. I am new to online gaming but quite interested on partaking in this club. Learning about the Civil War is a hobby i have been doing since childhood. I only have two Campaigns; Gettysburg and Overland. I plan too add more over time.
David Martin

Post by David Martin »

Welcome Cadet Maher!

Best of luck in the future.

David
Lieutenant General David Martin
First Brigade
First Division
First Corps
Army of the Potomac
C. Hecht
AotP

Post by C. Hecht »

M. Maher wrote:General Hecht
Hehe not so fast, I'm still just a Lt. Colonel.
M. Maher wrote:I only have two Campaigns; Gettysburg and Overland. I plan too add more over time.
With Gettysburg you should already have the most played and most owned game in this club, so that is already a good way to have a wide range of opponents available.
Lieutenant General Christian Hecht
Commander I Corps, Army of the Potomac
Joe Meyer

Post by Joe Meyer »

Welcome aboard, Cadet Maher! You've drawn a very efficient and knowledgeable Instructor, one from whom you should try and extract as much club information as possible. General Riggs has an excellent grasp of game combat as well, being a very proficient and prolific player.

Where in Idaho do you reside, if I may ask? I was there about Pocatello for a job interview some years back and always wished that I had been hired there.
General Jos. C. Meyer,
Union Army Chief of Staff
Commander, Army of the Shenandoah
(2011-2014 UA GinC)

M. Maher

Post by M. Maher »

Thanks Gen Meyer. I live in Boise. I am orginally from Pa. Pocatello is nice place, I have been there a few times.Yes Gen Driggs is a excellant instructor, I haven't had a chance to pick his brain yet on things but I am sure I will at some point.

My bad Lt Col Hecht. My words got mixed up there. It won't happen again. I can't wait to take part in a operation in Gettysburg.
ernie sands
USA Command Staff

Post by ernie sands »

Welcome aboard!
General Ernie Sands, ACWGC
UMG Western Theater, Commander
(Former ACWGC President, 2015-2020)

ACWGC Records Site Administrator
Antony Barlow
AotC