New Cadet from UK

A place for UMA Staff and Cadets to practice their forum skills and provide commentary upon their training and game questions. Field army officers and commanders may also participate at their liberty.
Benny Havens was the name of the tavern built beneath the Hudson River bluffs adjacent to the West Point Academy. (See: https://westpointcivilwar.wordpress.com ... allen-poe/)

Moderators: Joe Meyer, Derald Riggs, David Danner

New Cadet from UK

Postby J. Allibone » Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:58 am

Cadet Jason Allibone repoorting for duty.
Looking forward to some good banter and climbing through the ranks.

By the way, anyone heard from my General Ernie Sands? Not heard from him for about a week ~ fear he's missing in action and wondered if I should send a search party :)
J. Allibone

Re: New Cadet from UK

Postby Joe Meyer » Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:06 pm

The UK, you say? Good to have you, Jason! There are a number of fine gentlemen serving in the ACWGC Union Army from the UK, probably more than with whom I am personally acquainted.

Hmmm! I will drop Gen. Sands a note that you are awaiting him! But I should not wish to antagonize him from his well-earned slumbers, as he can become very cranky on occasion! ;)
General Jos. C. Meyer,
Union Army Chief of Staff
Commander, Army of the Shenandoah
(2011-2014 UA GinC)

Joe Meyer
Administrator

Postby J. Allibone » Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:11 pm

Many thanks for the welcome Mr Meyer Sir.
I look forward to meeting said fine gentlemen, and perhaps getting a round of drinks for all. We Brits never shy away from a good fight along side our US comrades :lol:

General Sands has awoken from his slumber and been in touch, I note the 'Crankiness' you mention and will bear this in mind :P
J. Allibone

Postby elpaco » Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:51 am

Welcome Jason
Lt. Gen. Francois Chatain
CO XX corps and Adjutant, AotC
Red Badge of Courage Tournament Deputy Director
elpaco

Postby nelmsm » Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:20 pm

Welcome Cadet Allibone! If you look up "grumpy" in the dictionary you'll see General Sand's picture. Of course he's been fighting in Civil Wars since the Roman Civil Wars I believe. I think I'm still drinking on General Simms tab so feel free to drop by for a round when your studies permit.
General Mark Nelms
6/2/XIV/AoC "Blackhawk Brigade"
Union Military Academy Instructor
nelmsm
AotC

Return to Cadet's Canteen