New Recruit From the Northern North

A place for UMA Staff and Cadets to practice their forum skills and provide commentary upon their training and game questions. Field army officers and commanders may also participate at their liberty.
Benny Havens was the name of the tavern built beneath the Hudson River bluffs adjacent to the West Point Academy. (See: https://westpointcivilwar.wordpress.com ... allen-poe/)

Moderators: shsober, S. Eichelberger

Joe Meyer

Re: New Recruit From the Northern North

Post by Joe Meyer »

Glad to have you posting in the Cadet's Canteen, Dave! I'm sure that you'll find this club and army of ours more to your liking as the weeks and months pass. Once you enter the field as a commissioned officer and your "career" is underway, I think that you'll be drawn very closely to the HPS/JTS game packages that are offered. When and if you do, start with the HPS Gettysburg package. It is one of the deepest and comprehensive games in the series, and one that will introduce you to the next level of Tiller design. I, too, love the older Battleground series. But the HPS/JTS offerings are so much more realistic in simulation, and so much more wider in the scope of their playability.
General Jos. C. Meyer,
Union Army Chief of Staff
Commander, Army of the Shenandoah
(2011-2014 UA GinC)

K. Koch
AotS

Post by K. Koch »

greetings Dave,

Welcom to the club!

Regards,
Brigadier General Kevin Koch
4/1/VI
AotS
The Roosters
elpaco

Post by elpaco »

D. Lifford wrote:Thanks guys = )

I've been checking out reviews of the HPs Gettysburg that you recommended. Do the majority of the club members play the HPS system?
yes they do ;)

gettysburg is nice but features mostly large and long battles, probably more than any other titles.
other titles are also great : chickamauga, atlanta, peninsula, chancellorsville, and shiloh, antietam, overland
well nearly all except franklin, ozark, vicksburg and corinth IMHO

welcome, by the way
Lt. Gen. Francois Chatain
CO XX corps and Adjutant, AotC
Red Badge of Courage Tournament Deputy Director
D. Hampel
AotT

Post by D. Hampel »

Greetings Dave! Cadet Hampel {Salute},

Good to see some other new recruits in the canteen...Cheers! (*clink beers!*). I would agree with Maj. Gen. F. Chatain that most of the activity seems to be under the HPS series. I prefer the Antietam Campaign version with FBR (First Bull Run), SBR and Antietam. Currently playing a H-2-H battle of FBR and really enjoying it.

I'll share a scouting report with you:
Intel has sent notice that a mighty battle will occur today in Vancouver. Reports indicate that a Michigan (Detroit) detachment is equipped to disperse some rowdy crowds around the ice with a decisive victory. :D

This rounds on me, ;o)
Cadet Hampel