New Cadet, Reporting for Duty!

A place for UMA Staff and Cadets to practice their forum skills and provide commentary upon their training and game questions. Field army officers and commanders may also participate at their liberty.
Benny Havens was the name of the tavern built beneath the Hudson River bluffs adjacent to the West Point Academy. (See: https://westpointcivilwar.wordpress.com ... allen-poe/)

Moderators: shsober, S. Eichelberger

D. Hampel
AotT

New Cadet, Reporting for Duty!

Post by D. Hampel »

Morning Gents!

My name is Cadet Derek Hampel and I'm from the Great Lakes state of Michigan (Union Blue!). I've been an avid Battle Ground series (Matrix now) and HPS ACW game player for years. I've really enjoyed working on scenario designing for these games and appreciate all the posting and help others have provided along the way (special thanks to Ken Miller's site as well). I'm really looking forward to finally testing my skills with head-to-head action and working with others in creating new enhancements or add-on to the current series.

I'm currently working on a Grand Scenario covering the complete civil war on a division scale. It covers all the armies and generals from both sides. I currently need to complete the map (80% done), OOB (65%), Graphics (80%) and the scenario editing (30%). Once I'm closer to completion I'll post the scenario and look for feedback regarding it's scale/design for improvements. The scenario will be usable for BG ACW series games or the JT Campaign Overland. Due to OOB restrictions on the HPS ACW series I'm not able to complete the scenario for these games.

I will commonly post my remarks with BRD! (Best Regards, Derek!). That's my usual trade-mark for forum posting/replies.

Looking forward to seeing you in the forums or on the Battlefield!, Cadet Hampel.

BRD!
David Martin

Re: New Cadet, Reporting for Duty!

Post by David Martin »

Welcome Cadet Hampel! We look forward to releasing you on the Rebs! :mrgreen:

Brig. Gen. Martin {salute}
Lieutenant General David Martin
First Brigade
First Division
First Corps
Army of the Potomac
K. Koch
AotS

Post by K. Koch »

Welcome cadet!

I am truely sorry to hear that you are from that "state up north", at least you are fighting for the right side in this club :lol:

We may need to celebrate the greatest rivalry with our own maneuver game come November. :mrgreen:

Regards,
Brigadier General Kevin Koch
4/1/VI
AotS
The Roosters
D. Hampel
AotT

Post by D. Hampel »

Thanks for the Welcome Col. K. Koch! {salute}

Good to see there are some friendly rivalries among the ranks. Looking forward to the Fall matchup.

Cadet Hampel