- Maintain games in a timely and enjoyable fashion agreeable to your opponents.
- Visit the ACWGC Main Forum, the Union Army HQ Forum (including the AotS Winchester Arms Subforum), and the AotS Home Page at least once a month to keep abreast of army news and developments.
- Upon receipt of the Army Commander's "Muster Call" e-mail, make either a Muster Report in the Winchester Arms Back Room, or make a response through the ACWGC Muster selection in the Reports Section of the Department of Records, or make a reply to the AC's E-mail before the 15th of each month.
- The Chief of Staff is the head of the Army of the Shenandoah's Administrative Staff. He is responsible to the Army Commander, primarily through the the Chief of Staff's Monthly Report, for the overall, administrative effectiveness of the army in the following areas:
- Provides the Army Commander with a monthly, updated status report of eligible officer promotions.
- Provides the Army Commander with a monthly, updated status report of the army's non-active officers including the following:
- Officers within the AotS Hospital, noting the length of time so assigned and a record of attempted communication with each.
- Officers Missing-in-Action or Out-of-Contact, noting the length of time so declared and a record of attempted communication with each.
- Officers on Leave of Absence, noting the length of time remaining on such leave.
- Officers Retired with Honors, noting the date of such retirement.
- Officers Discharged from the army, noting the date of such discharge.
- Responsible for the oversight of those officers assigned to the AotS Administrative Staff and any additional personnel so assigned to the staff for training purposes.
- Responsible for conducting personal background inquiries of all AotS officers as to potential leadership and/or administrative skills and keeping record of such on a continuing basis.
- Assist the Army Commander with any reports or duties as may be required, and make recommendations for improvement in army operation as may be deemed appropriate.
- The Chief of Staff shall be considered both an officer of the Army of the Shenandoah's Command and Administrative Staff.